Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using a trigger or tap?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve hawing

Ok so I'm looking for a system and I'm trying to find out if I can put a trigger or something on the pole to stop the flow of water while I'm going from window to window, front to back etc or what do the rest of you do? Does a trigger put more strain on the pump wearing it out faster? Just thinkin I'll be losing fair bit of water if I can stop the flow if needed

Ok quick couple of question in those lads

The tap, wouldn't it be away up the hose if the pole was extended so you would have to Lower pole to access it resulting in loss of water anyway?

The trigger I like the look of tbh do you keep feeding the hose through it the the required length then clip it in?

The aqua adaptor how does this work? Is it a one pull for on and two for off kind of thing or do you keep it pulled out the restrict flow?

Cheers

The Taps go at the bottom of the pole mate, by your hands. With a Tap you get a loop of hose that goes up the pole when extended. Same with a Trigger. The AquaDapter is at the top of the pole and you tug the hose , once I think, for on and once for off. The AquqaTap is at the top of the pole. you twist the pole 1/4 turn one way for on and 1/4 turn back, for off. With AquaTap and Aquadapter you dont get the loop of hose so its much better

The 'Trigger' is the worst for the loop....could not get used to that ....done my head-in :devil::devil::devil:.

I use a tap but was really thinking of going for the aquadapter until someone told me they tried one for a day and found the extra weight at the brush was really noticeable. They said they hated it, so its put me off a bit. Has anyone else found that is true?

Aquatap for me . It's made from plastic/ type of material . So light aswell. £30 each had mine over a year now ,still going strong .

Found the Unger hiflo on off switch (cleaning spot for £15) really good. Clipped it onto pole and used the Velcro strips that also come supplied as an added security against it falling off. Found it simple and tough so should last a while. Means i don't need to scrabble around looking for the little bloody tap on the hose

Let the water flow, it makes you work faster!!!!

Water is cheap, time, less so.

I use a tap but was really thinking of going for the aquadapter until someone told me they tried one for a day and found the extra weight at the brush was really noticeable. They said they hated it, so its put me off a bit. Has anyone else found that is true?
I use the Aqua dapter and you have to be a bit of a pussaaaaay to say it's makes it heavier ! I use one on my 45ft pole couldn't live without it , never get any problems and I've had one on all my poles for the past 4 years mate, I have just put up a topic about the Aqua Dapters selling cheap on eBay have a butchers [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same idea once.

Used a tap for a week then cut it off.

I found they get in the way and slow me down.

You dont lose much water between windows anyway.

I use the Aqua dapter and you have to be a bit of a pussaaaaay to say it's makes it heavier ! I use one on my 45ft pole couldn't live without it , never get any problems and I've had one on all my poles for the past 4 years mate, I have just put up a topic about the Aqua Dapters selling cheap on eBay have a butchers [emoji106]

do you need to get extra fittings to fit an SLX pole and brush?/emoticons/wink.png

Get a one shot radio, brilliant, absolutely love mine, click a button and water is off, click again and away you go!

I love it because it stops the pump, so less strain on battery and pump, no back pressure, just can't fault it!

Get a one shot radio, brilliant, absolutely love mine, click a button and water is off, click again and away you go!
I love it because it stops the pump, so less strain on battery and pump, no back pressure, just can't fault it!
How much wedge ££££££££££ does that sort of thing cost???? :rolleyes:

What about if your round the back of a job and you want to turn the water off it says in that description that you have to be inline with the controller and only 40meters away

What about if your round the back of a job and you want to turn the water off it says in that description that you have to be inline with the controller and only 40meters away

Yeah thats what puts me off this. You can get one that is 100m range but still line of sight. Makes it useless when you are round the back of the house in that case. Shame.

Latest Posts

Back