Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tap water coming out to slow

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Davidpatrick1978

Tap water comes out to slow not much pressure struggling to get to 0 using system for a year is there a system u can buy to pump tap water out faster I’ve changed resin and filters 2 times now but my water pressure outside tap is awful I didn’t know anything about it till my water went from 0 for 8 months system all new now with changed resin and filters 2 months ago and changed again today back to 0 again for now but last few weeks going from 8-10 ppm not good what do I need to stop it happening please guys is it a booster pump or something like that to make the water go in better and purer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 6
What RO membrane are you using?
Is the outside tap connected to your plumbing via a proper Tee connector or one that goes round the pipe and pierces it? If it's like a washing machine tap they can have very poor flow.
Membranes normally require quite a bit of pressure to work well. You can get an adapter from Screwfix to test the pressure.

As @ched999uk says, if your tap is on one of those fittings that punch a small hole in copper pipe, then the flow is going to be poor. A small 450gpd r/o doesn't need much water flow but does need decent water pressure. A 4040 needs both.

So you really need to know 2 things @Davidpatrick1978 . Your flow per minute from your r/o tap and the pressure.

Don't go buying booster pumps until you know exactly what booster pump you need for your r/o. Different r/o's need different booster pumps.

Latest Posts

Back