Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stormbird

8L water heater

David K

Neat !

This is my system. I'll take a picture of the locking method tomorrow [ATTACH=full]9076[/ATTACH]

okong

rcproperty

we made a metal cabinet around our heater also the top of it is sloped so it pushes all fumes out of the side door

20151020_155455.jpg.0c3c158234c08a507ab437c2c08033ac.jpg

20151018_170233.jpg.247a1efd309a5f51c5d3288224b8bb4b.jpg

20151018_170240.jpg.387cab33462ba07f177f2063fbf0cd0a.jpg

Guest Solarpanelcleanington

These are just caravan water heaters is it? Just rip one out of an old trailer?

rcproperty
These are just caravan water heaters is it? Just rip one out of an old trailer?

no they are not, very similar though, these are a lot smaller

they are a portable shower for camping

Guest Solarpanelcleanington

They just require propane and 'good' flow of water then? Could you link me to one please? Want to fix one to a trolley for super cold days. Brrrrr

HALTON
Im not using Heater but my brother is getting his fumes Out by placing a aluminum flexhose on and just angle it Out of the van , great little solution ! :thumbsup:

Sorry for sounding thick but how do you mean just angleing out of van ?

peter rogers

this might sound daft but cud u not wire a electric shower to pump it out ??

HALTON
This is my system. I'll take a picture of the locking method tomorrow [ATTACH=full]9076[/ATTACH]

Thanks I'm more bothered for security as my can has no bulkhead this is y I thought I could run the flue to the vent in the floor

rcproperty
They just require propane and 'good' flow of water then? Could you link me to one please? Want to fix one to a trolley for super cold days. Brrrrr

yes just a propane bottle and a flow, the one I fitted for another window cleaner fired up when his digital controller hit 10, which is a low flow rate. |

if you google eccotemp L5 water heaters these are the ones I 100% recommend, cost a little more than other cheap ones but last a lot longer.

not always good on a trolley as any breeze can blow them out.

rcproperty
this might sound daft but cud u not wire a electric shower to pump it out ??

only if you have a 240v supply to the van.

rcproperty
how much amps is that lol

a lot lol most electric showers are 10kws lol

peter rogers

mate break that down for me in amps lol wats kws

rcproperty
mate break that down for me in amps lol wats kws

10.5kw - 10500watts divided by 230volts = 45.65amps

9.5kw - 9500watts divided by 230volts = 41.30amps

8.5kw - 8500watts divided by 230volts = 36.95amps

rcproperty
is that per hour

I believe so, but those figures are on mains power not battery

HALTON

Why does the flue have to go out top or side why can it not be directed via a flue out the floor as its only fumes its getting rid of?

kevinc250
Hi Lewis

I ordered the 'Fastar' 8L it's coming from Germany

Did you have any issues plumbing it in and what setting do you generally use on the controller.

I've been using a 12L heater but just keeps cutting out it requires

To great a flow rate to keep heater working.

Sorry to off load my troubles on you

Regards

James

the flow rate can be easily sorted james for the boiler to kick in at a lower flow

rcproperty

to run a 10.5kw shower from a 12v battery you will need at least 875amps for an hours use.

rcproperty
Why does the flue have to go out top or side why can it not be directed via a flue out the floor as its only fumes its getting rid of?

because they will just build up in the pipe as hot air only rises.

one other way to get round it is to fit a fan to it like they have in bathrooms to suck the fumes out and then blow them out anywhere needed.

but all this is a lot of cost and space to do it,

kevinc250
legally any gas appliance have to be checked over by a qualified lpg fitter, just like food vans with all there equipment

i agree rich,but who does that/ did you get a safe gas plumber to have a look over the instalation you did on that video? not being ar"y about all this but i feel that theres a whole load of advice given on this but no mention of safe and legal requirments and in this day and age of no blame no claim etc its a subject that needs to be treated with some forethought

WWC
the flow rate can be easily sorted james for the boiler to kick in at a lower flow

Hi Kevin, how do you do that?

Thanks.

rcproperty
i agree rich,but who does that/ did you get a safe gas plumber to have a look over the instalation you did on that video? not being ar"y about all this but i feel that theres a whole load of advice given on this but no mention of safe and legal requirments and in this day and age of no blame no claim etc its a subject that needs to be treated with some forethought

I agree fully on this. I do say to them is best to get it checked.

but as these are like a gas bbq your always changing the gas so where do you stop?

as long as they are checked out once a year then there should be no problems as that's the standard checks on burger vans. and they change there gas a lot more than we do.

HALTON
because they will just build up in the pipe as hot air only rises.

one other way to get round it is to fit a fan to it like they have in bathrooms to suck the fumes out and then blow them out anywhere needed.

but all this is a lot of cost and space to do it,

I see your point now have to rethink as to not leaving doors wide open.

rcproperty
I see your point now have to rethink as to not leaving doors wide open.

don't need to be wide open as long as there is an air flow there can be pushed to a bit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.