Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

smart seal course

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
anyone been on the smart sealcourse?

how much did it cost?

was it worthwhile?

have been on website but wanted some honest feebback from anyone who has been on course 1st hand

Dunno but sounds good

Knowledge is power !!

Seriously tho any training is good as once you learned it you can't lose it unlike some machinery etc

I am washing a customers drive who had it sealed and it's very good job - it's like the sand is glued into joints

I went on the Spin a Clean/Jetstream course when I first started and found it useful but it covered a lot of things not just sealant.

geting a jet wash seems a lot more appeling now lol the sealing thing put me off realy i was thinking about adding a biodide wash before sanding to make it last does any one do this?

i'm not pushing sealing anymore agree with maddydog 
What issues have you been having with sealing jobs recently? 

geting a jet wash seems a lot more appeling now lol the sealing thing put me off realy i was thinking about adding a biodide wash before sanding to make it last does any one do this?
That will work Tench and give a longer lasting clean if your not sealing the surface 

I worry about the variables associated with sealing. It's a drive/patio that we have little idea about the substrate it is built on. A newly plastered wall or nice bit of timber is far more predictable imo. 

I try to steer the customer away from sealing as I dread to think how painful it would be to remove acrylic sealant gone wrong.

I clean and sand and recommend biocide wherever possible

Just a small amount of kds. I explain to the customer that I am trying to get their drive back to close to the original as I can.

I've seen newly cleaned/sanded drives that look like the Sahara after downpours/strong winds but imo that's due to too much sand being used. 

Saying that I would try setting sand on a small area as an experiment.

I clean and sand and recommend biocide wherever possible

This^^...........i find that sealing is a minefield, smartseal are an excellent product but very hard to sell to your customers as they will always get a cheaper quote from someone with an inferior product that does "just the same job" (it dosent, they get it and regret it but that still dosent put the cash in your pocket).now its just a case of clean, sand (setting sand if I can upsell it) and after care leaflet that states they need to keep on top of weeds if they went for regular KDS, cover your back, it will not last forever, it will recruit a whole lot of weeds if left unattended and you havent worked some kind of power washing based miracle that renders thier drive impervious to weeds or regrowth of whatever nasty was causing the problem in the first place

Sealing is only as complex as YOU choose to make it.  We seal 99% of all the drives we do. 

ALL cleaning jobs are 80% preperation 20% work. 

Only reason not to seal is so you can have more regular repeat cleans as the weeds will come up faster. 

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock