Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TolishAPurd

TAPs WFP transition thread.

adamangler
Straight out of Bedfordshire. Crazy mofo name Damo. Now that's off my chest.

Adam you're correct in a sense but you need to know the source of the water.

Two identical 450 GPD RO's with an input of 450 ppm tap vs 200 ppm both producing at 10PPM will both take out the same impurtiers.

Where you're correct is if you have two different RO's one with different brand filters/pressure,age of filters etc, quality of storage tanks etc. That will affect the TDS "state".

7ppm vs 7ppm one could leave spotting. One might not.

The filters will do their job regardless of PPM in and out.

I do know a little on the subject as we was using PPB in 2010 and was accurately measuring it.

Guys need to remember what PPM stands for. Even at ZERO there is one miligram of impurtiers per 1000L of water. This is why PPB was pushed into window cleaning.

But it doesn't really work as such lol.

Thats the only point i was making, one mans 10ppm and another mans can have a different composition so one might spot or it might not hence why its safer to use the purest you can and not assume theres a certain level of TDS thats safe to use.

Like you say even 0PPM or indeed 0PPB isnt 100% pure, its just the purest we can produce.

cheers for clarifying.

Dave B

Can't wait till tomorrow

First day using my own pure not bought stuff which i have a suspicion was higher tds anyway as measured some i bought the other day and was reading 4-5 ppm

He closed the place the other week when he realised there was an issue and the water was reading 27ppm

He only pops there occasionally like once a week or less as it is set up as self service so how long we had been working (with no complaints) with stupidly high tds i don't know

Trev81
Can't wait till tomorrow

First day using my own pure not bought stuff which i have a suspicion was higher tds anyway as measured some i bought the other day and was reading 4-5 ppm

He closed the place the other week when he realised there was an issue and the water was reading 27ppm

He only pops there occasionally like once a week or less as it is set up as self service so how long we had been working (with no complaints) with stupidly high tds i don't know

You were perhaps luckily using high TDS of the right 'composition' and got away with it :D

Damo

Luckily where Dave is located the chlorine/cleaning process is the same as here in Bedfordshire. So will have a positive effect on TDS. Go further south and you will struggle with high ppm.

Damo
I obviously only have "nice" impurities round here

Because he produces and sells water you won't have to deal with suspended solids though. The only issue we have round here is turbidity but has no effect on the cleaning. Well not that I have noticed.

Dave B

What particles are suspended to cause the water to be turbid then?

Surely if the water is cloudy it has particles in it

Dave B

I've been cleaning with this all day and checked all my work..no issues

20160620_154730.jpg.b11b45adfe6dfab3d40de5d44232eed7.jpg

Cghwindowcleaning
Can't wait till tomorrow

Is this Courtney who's water went to 27ppm?

Have you been having problems with the water you have had off him?

Dave B
Is this Courtney who's water went to 27ppm?

Have you been having problems with the water you have had off him?

It was courtneys

No complaints but he was shut for a whole day and bought water up from charlton as one of the ros was knackered

Don't know how long it was high tds for

Cghwindowcleaning

interesting to know.

I have used Courtney for many years and never test his water as I always just trusted he maintained it from now on I will be testing it after every fill.

What with his 20% rise in July if his water is not 000ppm I can see me putting a system in a unit shortly.

Dave B

It may have been ok usually but i tested a couple of drums at the weekend that I filled on Wednesday and had in the shed in the dark that read 4ppm -5ppm..kept flicking between the 2 and they are good drums that are used all the time

Dave B
interesting to know.

I have used Courtney for many years and never test his water as I always just trusted he maintained it from now on I will be testing it after every fill.

What with his 20% rise in July if his water is not 000ppm I can see me putting a system in a unit shortly.

I think the problem is now it is self service he is not always around to check the quality

I've never had any complaints from using his water though

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.