Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp On A Tight Budget Using A Pressure Sprayer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dodger.

I wonder if you could give me anymore information on how you converted the outlet for the hozelock type....what sort of connector do I need etc ?

Is it this
male-hose-tail-1-2-x-3-4-a3-2286-p.jpg
type of thing ?

If not, here's a link to the page I got that image from....maybe you could show me.

http://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/plastic-fittings-318-c.asp

I bought an 8lt sprayer(draper) today but it has the small tubing. I want to buy this http://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/conservatory-pole-342-c.asp conservatory brush and hook it up to the sprayer to be able to clean conservatory roofs. I'll be looking at buying a new Harris pole at a later date, Smurf tells me the brush will screw directly on but for now, I just want the small brush rigged up.

Would also love to hear how this setup is going now....do you still use it etc as I think it's brilliant what you did here.

Mart.

Well, I've actually gone for this
hozelock-hoz2291-2291-double-male-00094167M.jpg
type as it looks to be right.

I've bought my conservatory brush and some epoxy and I'm gonna go for it. Fingers crossed lol.

Mart.

Yeah that one will work but epoxy wont hold it theres too much pressure, first one is best if the normal hose fits it. Put slow set resin on the threads to hold and seal it then tighten it up, this is the hard part as you have to get the other part inside and onto the threads to tighten up before the resin sets (have a practise lol).

Yeah I still use it for spraying chems but have a wcw backpack now just to save on the pumping. It does work a treat though for wfp.

Yea, I had considered the pressure which is why I had decided to mount it from the inside. So, I set about drilling the hole, applying Araldite around the disk section of the double male connector and fitted it from the inside as I say. I wrapped a cable tie around the nozzle of the connector and hung it up with a 5kg weight attached around the top of the vessel.....all of this was to pull and hold the connector in place while the epoxy set over night...it was quite a setup lol.

Build-1.jpg

Build-2.jpg

Well I tried it out this afternoon and I'm a little disappointed. It seems to work fine....one pump of the handle and a thick jet of water shoots from my new connector but, when I fit my hose(hozelock female), the water all gushes out from around the hozelock. Now, I don't know whether this is because it's a cheap connector(I bought a set from Toolstation for £2.35) or, if it's because maybe there's not enough of the connector poking out of the vessel.

So, I have a couple of options,

1...buy an original Hozelock female(but what if it's the cheap male connector that's no good).

2...Try fitting the hose directly over the male connector and securing with a jubilee clip or,

3...drilling this connector out and trying again with a better one.

Any idea's ?

Mart.

I'd do option 2, heat the hose a little to soften it then push it over and as you say jubilee clip push the hose right up and should hold the hozelock male in place stronger as well.

Oh and everything that could leak I sealed totally with epoxy, all connector that didn't need to come apart and the hose onto the tap. You need the tap on so you can create the pressure.

Nice one Dodger. Yea, I'll have to get a tap as you say and make connections between the pole or indeed, other tools at the tap like the one in your pic.

Cheers, I'll keep you posted...

Mart.

Well it worked Dodger.

I softened a piece of hose in hot water and it pushed on ok, I then secured with a jubilee clip. The hose I attached I made about 6ft. The idea is now that I connect my main hose to that with Hozelocks and then my brush pole onto that. I need to go shopping again now for some genuine hozelocks that don't leak.

I can't seem to find a tap type anywhere though(with google) so, I'm still abit unsure about that. The pole I've bought though does have the little tap at it's base so, at least I can turn it off there while I use it.

The brush itself doesn't have jets, it just has an hole in the middle where the water runs out which I suppose is ok for what I need. I just want to be able to clean conservatory roofs with tap water and ubik sprayed from my 2lt sprayer onto the wet brush. I will just attach a couple of scrims to my harris pole to wipe the roof down after. I can then buy another Harris pole and make my own brush at a later date.

Mart.

You've just got to make sure that the tap and indeed anything else has a wide enough bore that it doesn't restrict the flow, if it narrows too much before you hit the brush/jets you'll lose all the pressure.

Up and running now Dodger. No leaks thanks to some decent hozelocks. I still couldn't find a tap but I bought an aqua stop type.

hozelock-2055-aqua-stop-connector-pp.jpg

It shuts the supply of when you disconnect from it....not entirely as it trickles if you lay it beneath the water level but it's ok if you lie it over the top of the vessel for example.

Just need to try it out now, I hadn't considered that it takes the majority of the first fill to fill the system before it's ready for work, gonna have to make sure I take plenty of water with me lol.

Anyway....thanks again for your help and for the great idea mate....

Mart.

im gonna be making one of these for fascias and conny roofs. I just need Richard to answer his pm's and tell me a price for the diy wfp kit!!

Search on eBay mate he sells them on there but I think they're about 30 quid I'm not sure. I bought a Harris and converted it with bits in shed though for 15 quid.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4

Back