Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long to build a round ?

Hunty82

Hey all .... i know this is a finger in the air question but .... just wanted to gauge rough thoughts on how long it takes to build a viable round to say make £1500 a month ... i know there's lots of variables etc but any thoughts would be appreciated ... two months until i finish my current job and wanting to get into the rat race [emoji41]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I think that could be built in say 4/5 months max if you give it your all. £10 x 150 customers gets you there..

30 customers each month for five months gets £1500 at ten quid houses. Which hopefully your average house price will be well above anyway.

When you look at the above ^ it's very easy to do this before mid summer is even here. Can you canvass daily and pick up ONE a day on average? Of course you can..so it'll happen as often as you go out to work for it.

If you start canvassing a month before you end current work and plan the first cleans for a month later,this will give you a massive head start also.

Depends on area and pricing,but most importantly your determination and drive.

I think in a decent location you could do it in a month. But you have to clean them dont forget.

I think that could be built in say 4/5 months max if you give it your all. £10 x 150 customers gets you there..
30 customers each month for five months gets £1500 at ten quid houses. Which hopefully your average house price will be well above anyway.

When you look at the above ^ it's very easy to do this before mid summer is even here. Can you canvass daily and pick up ONE a day on average? Of course you can..so it'll happen as often as you go out to work for it.

If you start canvassing a month before you end current work and plan the first cleans for a month later,this will give you a massive head start also.
Thanks Chris ... appreciate the advise ... i plan on going a month before i finish my current job. I will put in the hours too ... its now or never so i am determined but its good to hear others thoughts who have the experience ... so again big thanks for the comment. Paul

Go knocking EVERY weekend, evening, wet day etc and in no Tim you'll hit your target, just remember Mr taxman will want 20% so it you want 1500 in your pocket, you'll need to earnt over 1800

In the meantime you should look at making a business page,which will be later used for boosting status' on FB and for buy and sell sites...which you'll want to hit daily.

Also,get clean tickets made up. Get kit. Insurance sorted. Work gear. Website...Some things to think about.

It's impossible to take years if you even have the hunger but no personality I think. Online methods will help out there or canvassers. This should not take long!

I've said it countless times now

The speed you can build up a round is proportionate to the amount of shoe leather you burn through

Get out knocking or leafletting at every opportunity to the point of obsession and you will be full up with work in no time

When you can't knock..i.e: too early or too late in the day that is when you need to be posting on every fb group you can find locally

Good luck buddy

I've said it countless times nowThe speed you can build up a round is proportionate to the amount of shoe leather you burn through

Get out knocking or leafletting at every opportunity to the point of obsession and you will be full up with work in no time

When you can't knock..i.e: too early or too late in the day that is when you need to be posting on every fb group you can find locally

Good luck buddy
Top advice ...

Hey all .... i know this is a finger in the air question but .... just wanted to gauge rough thoughts on how long it takes to build a viable round to say make £1500 a month ... i know there's lots of variables etc but any thoughts would be appreciated ... two months until i finish my current job and wanting to get into the rat race [emoji41]

string.jpg

Best of luck if you are just as keen in a few weeks then months in then you will achieve your goal , Just don't be doey eyed before you jack your job in and be very aware of the negatives of running a window cleaning business like shouldering customer debt as you don't get paid all the time and no holiday pay etc it is things like this that see a lot going back to paid employment

Chris33 is a great example of making the switch but he did it over a period of time whilst still working his paid job .

@Iron Giant i pretty much went on the sick for a few weeks,chapped doors and figured 'right Chris you got this'. Handed in notice while on sick and off I went.

Probably over 6 weeks I was then on my own. It's very scary hunty when you are used to having the buffer of being a member of staff but you will soon figure out how easy or hard is is to build local to yourself.

Just a joke @Hunty82

I started by ditching my full time job and getting a part time one and goo.g from there.

Still very scary when you make the leap to full time though as it's all on you. Nobody is going to save you now lol.

The quicker you can build it up the quicker the stress will leave you.

Its doable in a couple of months if you are prepared to put in 12 hour days 7 days a week. But it's easy to talk about that kind of effort and quite another to put it into practice when you are dealing with first cleans, canvassing, van and equipment breakdowns, non payers and messers it's enough to make you have a breakdown at first lol if you are used to clocking in and out its a wake up call.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock