Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Key hole appendectomy recovery

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RapidRyan

I've searched but not seen any one talk about this on the forum. 

I've just had my appendix removed with key hole surgery. Doctor said no heavy lifting for 4-8 weeks. 

It will be a rough few weeks if I have to wait that long. But I am prepared to do that is I don't want to cause further damage and set myself back. 

I don't know if any one on here has had the same operation and could shed some light on how long till they could get back to WFP?!

I had mine out same op.

It's not nice! I might have been a sissy but I couldn't move much at all for the first week. Second was still tender but could get about. I wasn't on the windows at the time and working in an office so no strain there really. 

give it a month of rest, then try and do your windows, if it doesn't feel right, wait another week and try again. Once all feels good, ease into it slowly. Everyone heals at different speeds, hence whey doctors give a rough estimate not exact healing times

Had mine out last year would say you'll b fine after 2weeks take it easy for the first week back, I went back after 11 day[emoji849] work was building up couldn't sit at home any longer, was really sore for the first 8 days and day 9 I was like a new man and every day after I was getting stronger, still going to be a long month, you will get tired easy so take care [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Also I was like a body for the first 7 days couldn't move lol you'll now when your ready don't b a hero

I was meant to have keyhole but ended up having the works (like a vertical c-section from belly button to bush) I was told it's the anaesthetic that you need recovery from but small frequent movements to help mobilise the muscles again help. I was out of action for a full 12 weeks and then did very light stuff for a couple of weeks after that. I was constantly knackered and could sleep all day! Best of luck to you buddy, and don't rush it!!!!

Back