Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Broke my trusted wagtail

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

eb6f76236adf9939c1363fcd4b5c18ab.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

[emoji90][emoji90][emoji90]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

wagtail m8 i think the excelerator is propa  :1f4a9:  ive chucked a unger channel in my 18 inch excelerator  the pad is nice and thick wich holds loads of water good scrub action but the pad catches on every blady window when closing out  ill probly just buy a new handle for my wagtail as that one in the pic dont get used much as its only 12 inch i think

wagtail m8 i think the excelerator is propa  :1f4a9:  ive chucked a unger channel in my 18 inch excelerator  the pad is nice and thick wich holds loads of water good scrub action but the pad catches on every blady window when closing out  ill probly just buy a new handle for my wagtail as that one in the pic dont get used much as its only 12 inch i think
have you trued the pad the other way round? Might solve the problem

I've noticed this a bit over the last few weeks with Facebook postings. Was it you that posted it Tench? It appears there may be a handle batch issue. I used these for about 4 years and bashed heated and bent them and they were bullet proof. The problem is that all of their tools use the same handle therefore the problem/weakness will be the same regardless of model.

19884114_1240540919390309_2301661787141267826_n.jpg

I've noticed this a bit over the last few weeks with Facebook postings. Was it you that posted it Tench? It appears there may be a handle batch issue. I used these for about 4 years and bashed heated and bent them and they were bullet proof. The problem is that all of their tools use the same handle therefore the problem/weakness will be the same regardless of model.

Last edited by a moderator:
have you trued the pad the other way round? Might solve the problem
yes m8 but i found it hits the glass when fanning grate ider but in real life  :1f4a9:

ive not posted it on fb m8 only here but im looking forwould to geting the high flyer one that looks mint

Iv not got a pivot squeegee but strongly considering getting one. I thought the wagtail looked the more hardy of the two, however Iv seen a few product reviews for excelerator where moerman have redesigned the 'fliq' so it has little elastic corners to pull it away from the windows. Has anyone tried this new design and has it rectified the design flaw?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Iv not got a pivot squeegee but strongly considering getting one. I thought the wagtail looked the more hardy of the two, however Iv seen a few product reviews for excelerator where moerman have redesigned the 'fliq' so it has little elastic corners to pull it away from the windows. Has anyone tried this new design and has it rectified the design flaw?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
As originally designed and conceived (pad over top and used primarily as a pole tool) there was no issue with the Fliq. It was when wider testing was done that they realised that a lot of guys would also use mounted Fliq in hand and mounted under is the logical way to have for that purpose. Problems arose on close out with deep frames. This has been addressed with the elastic 'curl' which hits frame and encourages the pad to fold back out of the way at close out. I've noticed that after a period of use as the pad softens it behaves much better also. 

tench0771

Just a suggestion, test the strength of the handles before sending them to the customers.

Save a lot of problems down the track.

Back