Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Cleaning Sills

GSS Window Cleaning

Just a quick thought I've been doing window cleaning a fair while now 7 or 8 years but noticed a few sills lately are looking a bit dull or insect stained. Im thinking of out the goodness of my heart and to stop my ocd lol to clean my whole rounds bottkm sills using the pink stuff and a light sanding block tried them on home and they came up like new. Am i just being mad to do this or do you guys do similar every now and agen? 

That's called a UPVC restore. If they haven't asked for it and paid you for doing it then don't do it. Where do you draw the line? The sills might come up sparkling but what about the actual frames? Some of them are stained from the rubber leaching from the window seals.

Do you also want to paint the frames of tired wooden windows?

Its your round and your windows,if you dont mind doing it then go for it!

I like to think "my" windows are the cleanest around, if theyre good customers then l go a tad further to keep the windows at their best. Some people will apreciate it.

Take pride in your work, be better than the others!

Got to agree.... if you're happy doing it, then go ahead..... for the odd one or two I doubt its much time in reality but if you are doing alot...just keep an eye on time taken..... Perhaps you could offer this as a service for payment? 

I do it for my customers once then just keep on top of it with the wfp look after them & they will look after you, and recommend you to others, I keep ubik or the pink stuff in a spray bottle . I regularly spray the upvc doors and door steps rinse and wipe dry it goes a long way I strive to be the best and most professional in the area . Ok I KNOW I AM

1 hour ago, Nicky said:

I do it for my customers once then just keep on top of it with the wfp look after them & they will look after you, and recommend you to others, I keep ubik or the pink stuff in a spray bottle . I regularly spray the upvc doors and door steps rinse and wipe dry it goes a long way I strive to be the best and most professional in the area . Ok I KNOW I AM

As a man thinketh....so is he

i tend to  do a few each month on my quiet day as well as most first cleans if I like the custy that is! most are over the moon with the effort I make and soon tell friends family and neighbours I've picked up loads of work by making a little extra effort at the start then it is a breeze through for a year then when I think they are looking a bit dogged I go over it when I have a bit of time. it does make a difference and it leads to regular no quibbles payment it is worth it for a quiet life!

So you do the bottom sills out the kindness of your heart then the customer notices a difference between them and the top sills and demands the tops are done to the same standard. You're opening a can of worms IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Dan Paton said:

So you do the bottom sills out the kindness of your heart then the customer notices a difference between them and the top sills and demands the tops are done to the same standard. You're opening a can of worms IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

then it'll be good bye customer! like i said i will do it if i like them and 12 in years not seen a single worm :1f602: 

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.