Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer who constantly reschedules

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adda85

So this job I have only done once, she asked for 4 weekly, but it's been 12 weeks since the last clean and now she wants to wait another month, what would be the best way to respond as I clean 2 of her neighbours houses so don't want to be rude and lose the 2 other jobs! Cheers 

IMG_4122.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I just say. Well we offer a regular window cleaning service, so we will take you of the schedule . Feel free to contact me when you want them cleaned.....

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

What terms did you quote when you took her on?  I offer 4 or 8 weekly and ask them which they want.  In a case such as yours I would remind the customer that they were quoted a price for (say) 8 weekly and that to keep deferring the clean is not what we agreed.  If the customer doesn't want to fall into line, I would cancel.

Allowing the customer to treat you like this is taking the michael - they expect you to clean off months worth of dirt for the same price that all your other customers pay for cleaning off 4 week's worth.

I did quote a price for 4 weeks and a different price for 8 weeks but I'm deffo gonna bin this customer, as I'm not putting up with that, just didn't want to reply with anything offensive as I do her neighbours windows. Also had someone ask me to come back in April the other day as winter is on its way. Basically told them to F off!! Don't they realise that we have rent and bills to pay too ?

Explain that it is no issue whatsoever.  

'I obviously missunderstood you. I thought you wanted a regular monthly service for which the price is £X not a one off clean for which the price is £XXX.  I will take you off the monthly lists right away and please feel free to call me next time you are after another one off clean and we shall see where we can fit you in. 

Once again my apologies for the missunderstanding.'

Politely she's dumped but also told that if she wants them done again there will be a significant price hike. 

One of the reasons we always charge a 'first clean' premium.

Haha feel like swinging for them when they say come back in spring not had that for years , yes course I will coz my mortgage stops in winter and my kids don’t eat in winter !

I give it three go's after that they can call me don't see why people think I should waist time and diesel just coz they can't see my point of view

Thankfully most people I deal with want their window cleaned once a month, and will complain if your too late. But I have also had a few customer like this. Just explain politely that you only offer your service on a monthly basis. There is only a limited number of customers you can fit in your diary, and would rather give there slot to someone else if that isn't what they are after. If you don't there neighbours may think it's ok to mess you about in the same way.

I wouldn't give reminder txt either. I just let them know you will be round once a month, give or take a few days depending on the weather.

I also ask that customer give me 48 hours notice before cancelling a booking. If you get, "can you give me a miss this time". After you have got all you gear off the van and are just about to soak up the first window. Tell them, "sure but can I ask that you call 48 hours before we are due to cancel. You have already been scheduled in, instead of other clients". If they give a reason, I will let it go, but if it's just give it a miss please. I will make it clear it's monthly or sorry but we don't offer our service, on an 'as and when' basis. If we did, the cost of the service would be far greater. More time on the job, dealing with 6month+ worth of crud. Plus the time and cost of the constant advertising that would be required, if we didn't have contracted monthly cleans, similar to what it's like in america.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Had one few months ago. 

Text twice can we leave it this time please. Second time I replied 

No problem, as this will be three months from the last clean. The price doubles as it's now classed as a one off job. I will be in the village all week if you still require reqular window cleaning. 

No reply an never called her again. 

Sacked & blocked is what she should be. Dont take **** from bad custys. Stick them on the scrapheap straight away otherwise ul end up with a round full of messers/ad hoc cleans in the end. Plenty of bang on customers out there that want and appreciate a reliable, regular service.

You dont want the neighbours thinking oh well this person messes the window cleaner about and and its seems to be ok, so it'll be ok for us to skip a few cleans aswell. I think the message that you are regular has to be clear and concise all the time.

Makes me laugh I have ppl mon to Friday so they have there slot when some say you will have to move me due to the lawn gets cut on a Mondays but you been cleaning them over a year

But I might not have space on Friday due to other work

Most of my larger jobs take place on a friday agggh[emoji35]

If its a genuine reason builders doing extension or family member has died or been made redundant that's ok but if no reason given give one more chance . If can you leave it till spring dump them

Cull without a doubt but be polite as this sends a message to her neighbours also of what to expect if they mess you about.

I will, rightly or wrongly, assume you're a newbie. Any customer of a newbie is like gold dust and very hard to chase. What you have to weigh up is is she going to be like this all the time, evidence points to the fact that she will be. What you have to decide is what do you want to do. My advice is to text her next time and say it was agreed to be a monthly wash and that because it isn't the next wash is  double the price and any wash thereafter is either on a monthly basis or double on an ad hoc basis. Very easy for us established windies to say chase her but that money probably means a lot more to you than it does us. 

Back