Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

windymillers

Public Liability Insurance

windymillers
On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 19:28, Cghwindowcleaning said:

Aplan cover for the work you are undertaking(Damage to glass)I specifically asked this and it's part of my policy.

They are quite knowledgeable on window cleaning for PL and van insurance.They can even supply wfp courtesy vans with you van insurance now.

As I only started trading in January I waited until the new financial year to get P/L insurance.

I called A Plan (who I am sure you know is just a Broker) and at the end of giving all my details I asked if it covered the glass or Conservatory I was cleaning and was told, "No".

He was supposed to call back over an hour ago, so it looks like I will go with Gleaming.

Cghwindowcleaning
7 hours ago, windymillers said:

As I only started trading in January I waited until the new financial year to get P/L insurance.

I called A Plan (who I am sure you know is just a Broker) and at the end of giving all my details I asked if it covered the glass or Conservatory I was cleaning and was told, "No".

He was supposed to call back over an hour ago, so it looks like I will go with Gleaming.

My policy maybe different to others but mine is £5million covers wfp and ladder work it also says under type of cover contract related property cover and one of the excess fees relate to property damage.

it may just be the type of insurance you want and what they can get you.Mine covers for items worked on but my policy is more tailored for commercial window cleaning.

Iron Giant
10 hours ago, Cghwindowcleaning said:

My policy maybe different to others but mine is £5million covers wfp and ladder work it also says under type of cover contract related property cover and one of the excess fees relate to property damage.

it may just be the type of insurance you want and what they can get you.Mine covers for items worked on but my policy is more tailored for commercial window cleaning.

Damage to property is totally different to damage to item being worked on which is much more specific as I am pretty sure you will be aware off. 

Skxawng

The only one I've seen that covers the item being cleaned is gleaming but they're expensive. I've just taken out bog standard PL insurance with quotelinedirect for £49 annual price. In 12 years the only things I've broken are two plant pots and a £1 bird feeder that sticks to the glass.

The only thing I'm really bothered about being covered for as a small time windy doing 90% domestic is damage I may do to a car, whacking someone on the head with my pole or in case someone trips/slips and you can get that with any pl insurance company.

koopmaster

I gave up on pl insurance. Didn't renew it.. no issues so far..

Lol I can hear someone screaming ..lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Iron Giant

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Your choice for the sake of £80.00 hope you don't end up regretting it , Pure madness

County Durham Lad

Clearview Lee
3 hours ago, koopmaster said:

Welll I’ve never had to claim in 22 years!! But never say never I guess. 

I havent had house insurance for about 10 years now! Got Public Liability thou. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.