Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial Contracts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windowgleamtrowbridge

Does anyone have experience with commercial contracts?

I’m going to my first commercial contract quote tomorrow for a large car showroom.

They currently have a contract but they aren’t doing a very good job!

They’d like a deep clean and then regular maintenance every two to three weeks.

I’m terrified as this will be my largest job to date and the job is a big one for a major dealership so a contract will be required.

How can I ensure the contract is fair and correct? I have no experience in this field what so ever!

Any tips?

I expect the deep clean to be £500+ and regular cleans about £200-300!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Contract needs to state what you have agreed to clean, how often, length of contract and payment terms. They might want you to clean at a certain time and day, if so that will need to be listed. Any one offs just need to be agreed and an email will suffice. 

Go in confident, the person you'll be dealing with knows  alot less about window cleaning than you do

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my customers works for Audi dealership and was discussing it with me. The guys were using the wfp and the staff were all complaining. The boss said he was paying a fortune for them to do it. I heard he chased them because he wanted to go back to the traditional method of cleaning windows. Don't know how they could, glass panels were really high! I didn't fancy falling off a ladder and landing on a new Audi convertible :1f602:

I will definitely look into that. I just need to figure a price next. They want a ‘deep clean’ then regular two to three weekly! So quite a big one quite often! I fear it’ll take me a whole day to trad it

If they're looking to change see if you can get the price off them. They can only say no, they would try to get your price out of you if you went in looking for a car. You will find that with business customers some are very forthcoming and some are a PITA, easiest way to find out is to try and speak with them, not necessarily about the job either. Use the cold snap or some local news to break the ice, excuse the pun, if they don't want to talk then I doubt you'll get the price out of them.

People think that they are speaking to a different human being when they talk to potential business customers. They are no different to someone you quote for a simple house clean. All you have to show them is that you are competent and won't cause them any problems. Good luck and don't go in there daunted or intimidated, as I said earlier they know less about window cleaning than you.

To be fair, it’s not the talking that I’m worried about, it’s the pricing point for commercial.

They’re the ones who phoned me at the end of the day! Pretty keen to change. Just want to make sure I quote the right price and get the paperwork sorted. Already decided I’m going to take half hour to look around count up etc look at the work that needs doing. Then sit and chat to the chap about what he wants etc. Was going to ask how much he already pays anyway just to get a marker for where to start!

If you get it, and when you change to WFP, get a 4 jet 45cm flocked brush from Gardiners, if they're still selling them. It will literally halve the time it takes you to do it trad. 
I’m just looking at that right now!

I noticed it has a square end fitting whereas most are circular screw end. Does this only fit a Gardiner pole?

I noticed it has a square end fitting whereas most are circular screw end. Does this only fit a Gardiner pole?
Its the Quick Loc fitting, fairly certain you'd be able to get a screw end on it. Ask @Alex Gardiner he would be better at advising. Excellent brush, fairly heavy if you're swinging it all day though. Eats the big jobs with lots of glass, probably too big for a lot of residential work, especially older buildings.

You will probably be surprised how cheap they are getting it done for.

The last one I looked at was ford and they wanted to pay £90 for a full in and out clean.(No thanks)

I use to clean loads years ago VW,Citroen,Volvo,Mercedes Benz.

you will find a lot of cleaning companies go in low on the window cleaning to win the daily cleaning contract driving the price down.

They can be a pain to be honest 9/10 times cars will be in the way parked in tight up against the glass and will require moving which can take for ever.

Most modern showrooms are now high floor to ceiling glass meaning inside can be tricky laddering with 2 men or scissor lifts are common.

Its the Quick Loc fitting, fairly certain you'd be able to get a screw end on it. Ask @Alex Gardiner he would be better at advising. Excellent brush, fairly heavy if you're swinging it all day though. Eats the big jobs with lots of glass, probably too big for a lot of residential work, especially older buildings.
Cheers, Bud! I have one job in mind of untold very large panes.

Cheers!

You will probably be surprised how cheap they are getting it done for.

The last one I looked at was ford and they wanted to pay £90 for a full in and out clean.(No thanks)

I use to clean loads years ago VW,Citroen,Volvo,Mercedes Benz.

you will find a lot of cleaning companies go in low on the window cleaning to win the daily cleaning contract driving the price down.

They can be a pain to be honest 9/10 times cars will be in the way parked in tight up against the glass and will require moving which can take for ever.

Most modern showrooms are now high floor to ceiling glass meaning inside can be tricky laddering with 2 men or scissor lifts are common.
There is a very large area just outside Newcastle, Silverlink, that has about 4 car showrooms, and lots of other all glass showrooms, that are like the above. Takes a special type of idiot to even go there, let alone get the business. I was hoping as Trowbridge is out in the sticks a bit that he might have a chance of getting a semi decent price

Hi Lee

Our brushes can be supplied with a variety of socket types screwed to the back of them - these can be selected from the drop-down option on the product page.

Alternatively a different gooseneck can be bought that will screw-on to most other pole brands top fitting and then allows you to use the Quick-LoQ type sockets on the brushes.

Latest Posts

Back