Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial Contracts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nosey

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on commercial contracts and what they entail? I have commercial work two offices and the rest industrial units. Ranging from £50 up to £200. I know these are only small jobs. But just curious to know when contracts are asked to be included? Is it only on big jobs ie thousands of pounds? I’ve never been asked to provide one upon getting a new job. Also I’ve only been asked for a risk assessment once which was provided. But never done one elsewhere unless asked for. I know they are two separate things. But just curious and hope someone can help. Thanks.

Most commercial contracts are set out by the client and it mainly involves spec and price it will include things like invoicing details, payment terms and purchase orders also the duration on the contract most are 1 year April -March.

Thanks so basically contracts don’t need to be discussed at quote stage. Only if successful and the client requires this with the job.

On the other hand I lost an office last year as they was getting there in-house maintenance team to take over the window cleaning. The lady in accounts informed me that they was terminating my services. I told them I needed six months notice as it was out of the blue and was a good little number. This had never been discussed but just gave it a try. We agreed on three months.

With yourself I see you only doing commercial work. Do you put anything in writing about notice periods to cover yourself with notice periods if losing big jobs? As I can imagine it could leave a big hole in your work if it was say a big job.

Thanks for your help.

We have work where they've never asked for anything and others that we have to be SafeContractor approved, with all I's dotted and T's crossed

Yeah I’ve not got such accreditations because of the type of work I’ve got and being on my own. Sure it’s a must though choosing to go down that avenue of commercial work with housing associations etc….

Yeah I’ve not got such accreditations because of the type of work I’ve got and being on my own. Sure it’s a must though choosing to go down that avenue of commercial work with housing associations etc….
We have a £20k+ a year, 3 year contract, with a provider for care in the community and care homes that ask us "to ensure we work safely" and £1m liability insurance. We do a fairly large nursery and other care home type companies that haven't even asked us for our insurance let alone RAMS.

We have a £20k+ a year, 3 year contract, with a provider for care in the community and care homes that ask us "to ensure we work safely" and £1m liability insurance. We do a fairly large nursery and other care home type companies that haven't even asked us for our insurance let alone RAMS.
I have found privately owned care/nursing homes don’t usually want anything but big chain firms want everything in triplicate, we do a lot of work for a large firm that do housing for the over 50 s and they even want a waist removal policy from us , still waiting for clarification on this one as water going in the ground from window cleaning in my opinion isn’t waist ,been doing work for them for over 20 years now and they keep adding extra requirements every other year .

Latest Posts

Back