Cameronmalson1985

Help with jet washing

Cameronmalson1985

Few people have asked me about jet washing. What’s the best system and how do you use it. Do you connect it to customer outside tap. Thanks 

TJTOPCAT

I’ve got this one of Jetmac. Brilliant piece of kit, belt driven, will run all day long.
IMG_0200.JPG

I use a wheely bin and fill with water from customers tap, then draw water from there.
Often find not enough flow straight from the tap.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Incheck

I always do a pre-visit at switch on the outside tap, if the pressures high enough happy days, if it flows slowly or if the pressure obviously isnt enough then i dont take the job on. Our pressure washer is 6.5hp and 2700psi, not sure what the bar or flow rate is but i assume if we wanted to use a bigger, more advanced washer, then we’d probably need to think about drawing water from the street somewhere. But you need permission and/or a license from local water authority if you want to go tapping into the street

Incheck

^ saved my bacon doing a pre-visit to check the water pressure today. Custy moved in at christmas, hasnt switched on outside tap since arriving. I switched on the external iso tap below, and the solder joint between iso & tap is leaking bad, like a firemans hose spraying out. No good pressure washing until thats fixed!