Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What brush head

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What brush do you guys go for ? Sill or? And what size 26 inch or 35 inch also what jets pencil or? Thanks in advance

The 35cm Xtreme Dupont Tapertec and 35cm Xtreme flocked are all I use, both fitted with 2x 100 degree fanjets in the outer holes. The flocked brush has been cut down to a regular brush from a sill brush as Gardiner don't sell a standard 35cm Xtreme but this is what I prefer and is the one I'm using most of the time at the moment.

I also use Gardiner's water through pad for fsg cleans as they really cut through grime. I also sometimes use the pads when doing first cleans of glass if they are extremely grubby.

The 35cm Xtreme Dupont Tapertec and 35cm Xtreme flocked are all I use, both fitted with 2x 100 degree fanjets in the outer holes. The flocked brush has been cut down to a regular brush from a sill brush as Gardiner don't sell a standard 35cm Xtreme but this is what I prefer and is the one I'm using most of the time at the moment.

I also use Gardiner's water through pad for fsg cleans as they really cut through grime. I also sometimes use the pads when doing first cleans of glass if they are extremely grubby.
My work is all domestic I feel the 26 is too small for a lot of windows I thought about the 35 but I heard bad reviews with the 35 do I use fan jets or pencil for 35 without losing much water

My work is all domestic I feel the 26 is too small for a lot of windows I thought about the 35 but I heard bad reviews with the 35 do I use fan jets or pencil for 35 without losing much water
We use 23 supreame on everything even on large commercial, yes a bigger brush would be a bit quicker but don’t feel it’s to small , a smaller brush is easier to move around the glass . We have 45 ones in the van but only use them on solar panels and even then it’s only rare occasions they ever get used .

We use 23 supreame on everything even on large commercial, yes a bigger brush would be a bit quicker but don’t feel it’s to small , a smaller brush is easier to move around the glass . We have 45 ones in the van but only use them on solar panels and even then it’s only rare occasions they ever
I was thinking a 35 but 8 don't know what jets or wich 35 to go for
26 I haven't got a clue tbh I heard extreme are good but I'm not a huge fan

If you are using a fixed adapter on your brush I wouldn't recommend a 35cm brush for residential work as you will likely find it too wide for smaller windows.

I'm using a swivel attachment on my brush which allows for altering the angle of the brush on the glass to almost vertical. this allows you to turn the brush sideways to do those narrower windows. However it takes a practiced hand.

To start with, I would recommend a 26cm brush with 2x 2mm pencil jets on a fixed brush adapter. Get comfortable with that setup first. Once practiced with that, try different setups (ie:, a swivel or different jets, etc) to find what you really like and what works best for you.

For example, I found I couldn't work with fanjets in a fixed brush but I could with a swivel setup. I also found I couldn't work with a straight swivel but I could with an angled swivel etc.

And then just when you have it all figured out they will stop selling your favourite brush :sick: :D

If you are using a fixed adapter on your brush I wouldn't recommend a 35cm brush for residential work as you will likely find it too wide for smaller windows.

I'm using a swivel attachment on my brush which allows for altering the angle of the brush on the glass to almost vertical. this allows you to turn the brush sideways to do those narrower windows. However it takes a practiced hand.

To start with, I would recommend a 26cm brush with 2x 2mm pencil jets on a fixed brush adapter. Get comfortable with that setup first. Once practiced with that, try different setups (ie:, a swivel or different jets, etc) to find what you really like and what works best for you.

For example, I found I couldn't work with fanjets in a fixed brush but I could with a swivel setup. I also found I couldn't work with a straight swivel but I could with an angled swivel etc.

And then just when you have it all figured out they will stop selling your favourite brush :sick: :D
Ah dam well ATM I'm using a 25 slx with extreme 26 sill brush I just don't feel it's the right brush but I can't seem to find anything really I like pencil jets I'm used to but I tend to take a bit longer on the rinsing on the big windows or Connie's I don't know if a spray bar would help or fan jets I don't know I'm trying to keep cost down so whatever gets picked I need it to work

Ah dam well ATM I'm using a 25 slx with extreme 26 sill brush I just don't feel it's the right brush but I can't seem to find anything really I like pencil jets I'm used to but I tend to take a bit longer on the rinsing on the big windows or Connie's I don't know if a spray bar would help or fan jets I don't know I'm trying to keep cost down so whatever gets picked I need it to work

Yeah, must say when I used to use an SLX25 I found the Xtreme brushes felt a little too light on the end. Might be just me, but they feel more balanced on the Xtreme poles. However, the flocked one may feel better on your pole as it will feel heavier when wet compared the standard one.

Yeah, must say when I used to use an SLX25 I found the Xtreme brushes felt a little too light on the end. Might be just me, but they feel more balanced on the Xtreme poles. However, the flocked one may feel better on your pole as it will feel heavier when wet compared the standard one.
Ye I dun o it just feels really cheap and not quite right I'm thinking getting the extreme 35 sill

The pad works brilliant with the pad as it’s always touching the surface.

The extreme 35cm DuPont tapertec is much better than the 35cm DuPont tapertec extreme sill.
as @Marko067 as advised the 35cm brush with a swivel is a doodle and brilliant combo I went over to this setup many years ago on Marko67 recommendation.
but I do like a change now and again normally only use extreme brushes and the sill versions, apart from a very dirty new clean where I normally use ultimate brush wether if be medium or flock bristles both are good with 40 degree water.

Here's a question I've often pondered about. When do you know when to bin a brush you have used successfully for some time?
Iv a tapertec brush with the long bristles spruce,cracking brush that has done me three years,tho the side bristles are starting to fall out as the plastic has worn at the sides,was looking at a new tapertec this morning,tho i dont know whether to give the flocked tapertec a go,would the flocked be anygood for bird **** do you know mate?

A couple of the lads on here said they use this brush,think it was part timer,looks to be a good brush tho i like longer bristles brushes.

A couple of the lads on here said they use this brush,think it was part timer,looks to be a good brush tho i like longer bristles brushes.
Ye? Do you think fan or pencil would be better for it I'm trying to get off the glass as quick as possible

Iv a tapertec brush with the long bristles spruce,cracking brush that has done me three years,tho the side bristles are starting to fall out as the plastic has worn at the sides,was looking at a new tapertec this morning,tho i dont know whether to give the flocked tapertec a go,would the flocked be anygood for bird **** do you know mate?
I always believe you do need a flocked brush for your arsenal, especially for some old leaded windows. We have an old Gardiner zero taper flocked brush on an old SLX22 which we use on those odd occasions.

I'm afraid I haven't used any brush with Tapertec bristles. so I can't really advise you one way or the other, sorry. My gut will tells me to replace my existing brush with what I have experienced works for me. If you have been happy with it's performance, why change?

The current brush I'm using also has the sides worn down and I am still able to 'dig' spider nests out of the frame corners with it. I also have a stiff brush when windows need a bit more of an aggressive scrub, usually with hot water. This is the reason why I asked how cleaners know when to replace their brushes. We often see that cleaners complain their bushes only last 3 or 4 months. Mine still cleans fine and has been on my pole for at least 4 years. It doesn't look like an old toothbrush with half its bristles missing and the other half all curled up, either.

Back