Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much would you charge for this car port roof clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes really.  

I love all the comments of 'two min job that' just blast it with this' blast with that' 

Carports are always baked on sh*te and always double sided to get them looking nice.   

Many will give a quick blast, not get with a deep clean and say - 'there you go luv' not only undervaluing their time but also the service as well, me.... I want to make sure each job is mint.   Almost flat carports, just like conservatory roofs require a good soaking with Ubix then rinsing to remove the worst of it, then a good deep scrubbing with Ubik again to get to almost clean, then a going over with brush and clean water (doesn't need to be pure, just clean) to 'spot treat' and stubborn parts left.  

When you turn up with the mentality of blast that in 30 min well then in the eyes of the customer there really is no value to the service, explain that to do it so it's mint is best part of a half day and take your time and you'll easily get three hours money from a very grateful customer. 

i think thats a bit jugmentle green your prity much saying if its done in 30 minits then its slap dash i take pride in my work and if i did that in 30 minits it would look bang on it would looks no cleaner if i spent 3 hours on it just a waste of time and water, i was talking the top of it only and sides not under it even so its a hours work if its under as well 3 hours is a long time to clean that tiny thing just saying

Well I travel all over the place and I'm picking up jobs that have exacting residents. With hot water you wouldn't need any chemicals. 

I'm fairly certain everyone on here agrees the customer isn't bothered how long it takes, if you do it trad on a pogo stick or use the latest equipment, as long as it's clean. 

Yes really.  

I love all the comments of 'two min job that' just blast it with this' blast with that' 

Carports are always baked on sh*te and always double sided to get them looking nice.   

Many will give a quick blast, not get with a deep clean and say - 'there you go luv' not only undervaluing their time but also the service as well, me.... I want to make sure each job is mint.   Almost flat carports, just like conservatory roofs require a good soaking with Ubix then rinsing to remove the worst of it, then a good deep scrubbing with Ubik again to get to almost clean, then a going over with brush and clean water (doesn't need to be pure, just clean) to 'spot treat' and stubborn parts left.  

When you turn up with the mentality of blast that in 30 min well then in the eyes of the customer there really is no value to the service, explain that to do it so it's mint is best part of a half day and take your time and you'll easily get three hours money from a very grateful customer. 
I agree this is no way a quick scrub and rinse job but i dont have any customers who would be willing to pay that for a job. I would have said £45 only if the customer had an outside tap i could use for the rinsing off otherwise the answer would be no. Im not waisting my pure water on a car port.

I agree this is no way a quick scrub and rinse job but i dont have any customers who would be willing to pay that for a job. I would have said £45 only if the customer had an outside tap i could use for the rinsing off otherwise the answer would be no. Im not waisting my pure water on a car port.
I'm happy at £60 and yes theres an outside tap on the wall under the car port :)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I do two of those annually. £80 each and takes me just over an hour and a half each one.

Spray them with virosol, agitate with a stiff sill brush, leave ten minutes, then turn the customers outside tap on full rushing through the brush whist pushing the water away. Piece of doddle ?

Back