Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thinking of taking the plunge.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

504steve

I've been lurking a while now and am amazed how much I've learned on this forum.

I'm looking for a new direction after being made redundant as a lab technician after 30 years and think being a windy is for me.

I'm coming in with zero experience but a great desire to make it as a windy.

How hard or easy have any new guys found it starting from scratch? I don't mind spending hours door knocking for leads to build it up ( and using greenpros lead generation).

Also who are ukwindowcleaning? They've just leafleted my area with free clean offers. Not the best time when I was planning on starting.

Sure I'll need more help and advice over the coming months.

Cheers guys.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've been lurking a while now and am amazed how much I've learned on this forum.

I'm looking for a new direction after being made redundant as a lab technician after 30 years and think being a windy is for me.

I'm coming in with zero experience but a great desire to make it as a windy.

How hard or easy have any new guys found it starting from scratch? I don't mind spending hours door knocking for leads to build it up ( and using greenpros lead generation).

Also who are ukwindowcleaning? They've just leafleted my area with free clean offers. Not the best time when I was planning on starting.

Sure I'll need more help and advice over the coming months.

Cheers guys.
I started up just over a year ago, stuck out the full time job until about 2 months ago and took the plunge. This is the time of year, don't leave it too long. I have literally doubled my customer base in the last 4 weeks. A record week for me last week with 42 new customers!!

Its something that needs a push to get rolling but once it starts it will snowball! get out and do some neighbours and friends as freebies (Or persuade them to pay) let people see you working and you will start to get walk ups.

UK window cleaning are a bunch of muppets who can't remember who they have given a free clean to. They turn up once and rarely go back to people.

As @Iron Giant said on a post before, window cleaning isn't for everyone so do it the cheapest way possible to start and make sure its something you could see yourself doing long term. In my eyes the race to winter has already started. Some will drop me during winter, some will move to 8 weekly or skip a clean here and there. On top of that no one wants a conny roof cleaned just before xmas so the extras that are topping up my wage nicely will be gone. I just plan to build a customer base big enough to take me through winter comfortably. 

I started up just over a year ago, stuck out the full time job until about 2 months ago and took the plunge. This is the time of year, don't leave it too long. I have literally doubled my customer base in the last 4 weeks. A record week for me last week with 42 new customers!!
Its something that needs a push to get rolling but once it starts it will snowball! get out and do some neighbours and friends as freebies (Or persuade them to pay) let people see you working and you will start to get walk ups.

UK window cleaning are a bunch of muppets who can't remember who they have given a free clean to. They turn up once and rarely go back to people.

As [mention=3115]Iron Giant[/mention] said on a post before, window cleaning isn't for everyone so do it the cheapest way possible to start and make sure its something you could see yourself doing long term. In my eyes the race to winter has already started. Some will drop me during winter, some will move to 8 weekly or skip a clean here and there. On top of that no one wants a conny roof cleaned just before xmas so the extras that are topping up my wage nicely will be gone. I just plan to build a customer base big enough to take me through winter comfortably. 
Thanks guys for the advice. I'm based in North Manchester. I can see that now is the time to try and push it before winter.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

You’ll get out of it, what you’re prepared to put into it.

There will be **** days when you canvass nothing and great days when you secure well paying jobs.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Back