Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best electric reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CHWS

Right I’m looking to upgrade my power up reel . Has anyone any feedback on the pure freedom reel and grippa reel that can compare to a power up hd 

Right I’m looking to upgrade my power up reel . Has anyone any feedback on the pure freedom reel and grippa reel that can compare to a power up hd 

Ime also thinking about up grading to two electric reels but also unsure what to get , I liked the look of I think it was the one from water works where the pole was mounted on the rear doors of the van but all seams to have gone quite about it 

I have the power up Hd and like it a lot have seen a couple of purefreedom reelmaster and like the look of them also. 

I have a power up hd and can’t fault it . Fancy something different for my normal power up reel. I would say waterworks will maybe show of their new reel at the show and will hopefully announce a release date. Any body tried the grippa electric reels? 

1 hour ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Defo worth a visit to Waterworks at the show.  First 10 reels at cost then a big discount thereafter. 

Are they still using that 24v scooter electric motor or have they upgraded to a purpose 12v unit?

I understand that PF use a 12v motor.

No I think pure freedom reel is around the same cost as an HD . I think ideally I would love that new waterworks 1 . Only for the way it spools on . I wouldn’t be bothered with it on the back of the van 

mines still going well after three years, maintainance wise they are a pain to adjust the chain tension,if Jordan would only mount the motor outside of the reel it would be perfect for me I have looked and tried  the pure freedom ones but they overspool just like the power up ones,i nearly bought the grippa reel in the new year but something in my mind said no.

I much prefer the power up-its reliable and its at a price point that's lower than the competition with none of the extra lights and whistles etc that's only gonna go wrong at some point,

I have heard on the grapevine that one supplier is using the windscreen wiper motor from a Vauxhall Vectra-whether that's true or not I don't know but some are complaining about fuses blowing and sharp edges on the stainless housings that at that price should have been de-burred,either way the electric reels are a great investment and one I would recommend to everyone as the time saving alone will pay for it in under a year not to mention the lack of shoulder pain you get from manual reels and contrary to opinion will happily take 100m of 8mm hose.

mines still going well after three years, maintainance wise they are a pain to adjust the chain tension,if Jordan would only mount the motor outside of the reel it would be perfect for me I have looked and tried  the pure freedom ones but they overspool just like the power up ones,i nearly bought the grippa reel in the new year but something in my mind said no.

I much prefer the power up-its reliable and its at a price point that's lower than the competition with none of the extra lights and whistles etc that's only gonna go wrong at some point,

I have heard on the grapevine that one supplier is using the windscreen wiper motor from a Vauxhall Vectra-whether that's true or not I don't know but some are complaining about fuses blowing and sharp edges on the stainless housings that at that price should have been de-burred,either way the electric reels are a great investment and one I would recommend to everyone as the time saving alone will pay for it in under a year not to mention the lack of shoulder pain you get from manual reels and contrary to opinion will happily take 100m of 8mm hose.
Lord above - think that's the second time in history @kevinc250 and I agree on something.  ?

Taking the grinder to the stainless plate today to smooth the edges a touch. 

Back