Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FIRST CLEAN..

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M&J WINDOW CLEANING

Live fire exercise. Just done the sister-in-law's windows for the first time, first clean feel of doing this...9 medium sized windows, 2 pvc doors and patio doors...used a full barrel and half. They were quite bad with green on sills and cobwebs etc but I think I've not used too much water....or have I..? Tomorrow I'm officially LIVE and customer hunting begins for real

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ime assuming a barrel is 25 let??? If so for a first clean I would think that’s about right on the second clean and when you get used to it it will take less good luck in your new job 

Ime assuming a barrel is 25 let??? If so for a first clean I would think that’s about right on the second clean and when you get used to it it will take less good luck in your new job 
Many thanks...I first thought it was a bit excessive but on hindsight I'd sooner not skimp and achieve a good result first time..thanks for the support [emoji16]

Free first cleans, 99 per-cent started here, good grounding and you quickly learn what you can and can't do, everyone uses too much water at first,dont worry about it,geting the results is far more important, without the ability to get customers windows clean you can never get the confidence to move on.

As a newbie the only thing you want to worry about is doing the job properly. You only really need to worry about water usage when you have 16 houses to do in a day. 
Agree with you there. Can remember 10 years ago switching to WFP and only went for the trolley system.

Nightmare on first cleans constantly worrying if you have enough of precious pure ?

Did the amount of water you used do a good job? We're the windows mingling? Go van mount when you are up and running doing 15+ houses a day.

As time goes on  u will use less and less water 
In that case once you've been going as long as @steve garwood you would need no water at all ?

Live fire exercise. Just done the sister-in-law's windows for the first time, first clean feel of doing this...9 medium sized windows, 2 pvc doors and patio doors...used a full barrel and half. They were quite bad with green on sills and cobwebs etc but I think I've not used too much water....or have I..? Tomorrow I'm officially LIVE and customer hunting begins for real
I would still use that much water now I reckon. I never let it bother me with first cleans.

Make sure you get into the corners of the glass and once the pane is clean give it a proper rinse, none of this quick S shape stuff and you should be fine mate.

If the customer has an outside tap always always use it first on first cleans. Never waste pure water. Water and time are the two most precious things. Do all the initial hard clean with tap water and then just polish the glass with a little pure. 

If the customer has an outside tap always always use it first on first cleans. Never waste pure water. Water and time are the two most precious things. Do all the initial hard clean with tap water and then just polish the glass with a little pure. 
Brilliant thinking...[emoji16]I guess I could barrel plain water or simply take the hose reel with me to the job...that's quite good thinking.. thanks [emoji16][emoji812]️

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Brilliant thinking...
emoji16.png
I guess I could barrel plain water or simply take the hose reel with me to the job...that's quite good thinking.. thanks
emoji16.png
emoji812.png

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just make sure you clear the tap water out of the pipes before you start rinsing. 

Sounds like a 3 bed semi?   If they started out green and you got them bang on clean and spot / streak free then I think you did well on the water usage. 

Latest Posts

Back