Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Download Our IOS and Android App! Read more... ×
trevor peacock

hate the sun!!!!!

trevor peacock

yesterday was such a warm very bright day in Littlehampton.

I cleaned a big B&B on the seafront, done it for years never had a problem, yesterday the sun was so bright and low in the sky I had to wear sunglasses.

Finished, put my gear away, knocked for my money, glanced right at the large bay window.

What a mess, covered in streaks, looked awful. The chap answered the door, we had our normal friendly chat, then I said how bright the sun was and how difficult it was so if there were any problems let me know.

Probably should have done it again but I know the owner and if he wasn't happy I know he'd ring me, nothing!!

I suppose it could have been inside or did it look worse because of the weather.

They've always come up lovely in the past.

Any thoughts?

Suhrly

You definitely using 000ppm? And you give it a good brush and and even better rinse? Was that a 'problem' window - leaky seals etc..?

trevor peacock

spotless water 000ppm, be using wfp's for 15 years, never seen it that bad before!!

Master Jedi Alejandro
4 hours ago, trevor peacock said:

I cleaned a big B&B on the seafront, done it for years never had a problem, yesterday the sun was so bright and low in the sky I had to wear sunglasses.

Finished, put my gear away, knocked for my money, glanced right at the large bay window.

What a mess, covered in streaks, looked awful. The chap answered the door, we had our normal friendly chat, then I said how bright the sun was and how difficult it was so if there were any problems let me know.

Probably should have done it again but I know the owner and if he wasn't happy I know he'd ring me, nothing!!

I suppose it could have been inside or did it look worse because of the weather.

Any thoughts?

Yesterday we had the first of much ice to come. I'd rather have your problem than mine. 😉

Pjj

Low sunlight will show up any problems and make them look worse than they would normally appear 

scottish cleaning service
5 hours ago, trevor peacock said:

Any thoughts?

What soap are you using if you don't mind me asking @trevor peacock

RWCleaning

Think a evening of watching ‘how to’ videos on YouTube regarding Wfp window cleaning is in order @trevor peacock

Na probably just a rubber seal has gone. 99% of streaks is because of the seal I’d say.

Hopefully they’ll have the curtains closed on sunny days from now on lol 

BigFoot

Love winter sunny days as I find I get more walk ups, yep the low sun shows up everything so hopefully will have a few leading up to Christmas for a bit of cream!

trevor peacock

15 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

What soap are you using if you don't mind me asking @trevor peacock

No soap used, just a standard monthly maintenence clean

Den
On 05/12/2018 at 16:41, trevor peacock said:

Any thoughts?

Reckon it's the inside as you have suggested, I'm sure you already know your problematic windows and if this asnt flagged up before.  happened to all of us many times I thought the same double checked and found the inside dirty including runs.