Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any other Firefighters on here?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I retired in 2013 and it seems things have taken a downward slope. Got into window cleaning 2yrs ago and it has grown to nearly a full-time job. Looking forward to next year because I feel real growth potential.

The BA shuffle [emoji23].

Unfortunately I know what you mean Scottish Cleaning service. I was made redundant from Retained back in 2015 due to cut backs but luckily landed a job in the Airport Fire Service which fingers crossed I’ll be in for the next 35 years.

Really hope the window cleaning kicks off though as it seems perfect for working around my shifts.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The BA shuffle
emoji23.png

Unfortunately I know what you mean Scottish Cleaning service. I was made redundant from Retained back in 2015 due to cut backs but luckily landed a job in the Airport Fire Service which fingers crossed I’ll be in for the next 35 years.

Really hope the window cleaning kicks off though as it seems perfect for working around my shifts.

Its the cheapest and best run Public Service and was the happiest. Don't understand why any Gov would try and destroy it? I think the Pensions will be next on their target list. Morale up here in the Public Service has hit rock bottom since the Nationalists got in. They want to run a country and cant even run a public service, what chance have we got, cant get rid till 2022!

What you mean it’s not been in the mainstream news [emoji23][emoji23]. The Fbu took on the government on an age discrimination case based on the new 2015 firefighters pension and won. Although nothing official come out yet ...talk is that we will be put back into the original 1992 scheme

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

What you mean it’s not been in the mainstream news
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
. The Fbu took on the government on an age discrimination case based on the new 2015 firefighters pension and won. Although nothing official come out yet ...talk is that we will be put back into the original 1992 scheme

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

That would be great but I find it hard to believe. Texting my mate, union official up here. The salt and pepper party say we are not devolved so we should be the same. cheers m

That would be great but I find it hard to believe. Texting my mate, union official up here. The salt and pepper party say we are not devolved so we should be the same. cheers m
Yeah I find it hard to believe the government will just roll over now. Although the judge said the case could not be appealed by the government.
The other problem is I’ve got st least 15 years to go , which is plenty of time for future governments to rob me

Yeah I find it hard to believe the government will just roll over now. Although the judge said the case could not be appealed by the government.
The other problem is I’ve got st least 15 years to go , which is plenty of time for future governments to rob me

Aye, Strange because you are all paying more money into it. That would set a precedent for the rest of the Public Sector to file a discrimination case against the Gov. Might be a technicality that the gov failed to see. The present Gov maybe want to lose next election and leave all the mess with Corbyn and I don't think he would contest it, so you might be okay because Labour will just raise taxes the moment they get in. 

Aye, Strange because you are all paying more money into it. That would set a precedent for the rest of the Public Sector to file a discrimination case against the Gov. Might be a technicality that the gov failed to see. The present Gov maybe want to lose next election and leave all the mess with Corbyn and I don't think he would contest it, so you might be okay because Labour will just raise taxes the moment they get in. 
......death and taxes mate

Back