Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump strainer position

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Carts69

Probably a stupid question but does it matter how the pump strainer is positioned on the pump, by this I mean.. when fully tightened mine has the strainer mesh at 9 o’clock position, is this ok or should it be facing downwards 6 o’clock?

Probably a stupid question but does it matter how the pump strainer is positioned on the pump, by this I mean.. when fully tightened mine has the strainer mesh at 9 o’clock position, is this ok or should it be facing downwards 6 o’clock?

Logically, with the filter bowl at the bottom. If you unscrew the bowl you don't want all the water from the bowl running all over the place.

As far as filter efficiency is concerned, it makes no difference.

If you look at any fuel filter with a removable bowl to charge a cartridge filter, its always mounted with the bowl at the bottom; 6 oclock as you refer to it as.

Logically, with the filter bowl at the bottom. If you unscrew the bowl you don't want all the water from the bowl running all over the place.

As far as filter efficiency is concerned, it makes no difference.

If you look at any fuel filter with a removable bowl to charge a cartridge filter, its always mounted with the bowl at the bottom; 6 oclock as you refer to it as.
Thanks spruce for explaining that ?

Back