Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO & DI From van question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Stockport Cleaner

Hey guys, first poster here ?‍♂️

I’m considering starting up window cleaning, but need some advice regarding equipment.

What I don’t understand is the method when using a RO & DI system from a van. Do you fill the tank up from a tap, then the water is cleaned through the filters and then goes straight out the pole,  or is the water cleaned when filling up.

So is it: House tap > Water tank > pre filter > Carbon filter > RO > DI > Pole brush > water on window.

or does it go: House tap > pre filter > carbon filter > RO > DI > water tank > pole brush > water on window??

sorry if this is obvious, just haven’t been able to find any info on how Its done from a van.

Thanks.

If you live in a hard water area then the set up for filtration in the van is tap water - pre-filters-4040 RO into tank.

In soft water area you can tap-Di-tank or tap into tank through pump through DI

Hey guys, first poster here ?‍♂️

I’m considering starting up window cleaning, but need some advice regarding equipment.

What I don’t understand is the method when using a RO & DI system from a van. Do you fill the tank up from a tap, then the water is cleaned through the filters and then goes straight out the pole,  or is the water cleaned when filling up.

So is it: House tap > Water tank > pre filter > Carbon filter > RO > DI > Pole brush > water on window.

or does it go: House tap > pre filter > carbon filter > RO > DI > water tank > pole brush > water on window??

sorry if this is obvious, just haven’t been able to find any info on how Its done from a van.

Thanks.
This one. No stupid questions, we were all new once.

What Doug is saying is you may not even need an RO in a soft water area. The RO reduces the TDS of the water to a level that deionised resin can then turn to 0PPM. If you live in a softwater area where you already have a low TDS reading you may not need the expense of an RO unit and just use de-ionised resin. This can be used to fill the tank with pure water or to purify the water on demand.... The RO can not as the production process is much slower.

Just incase...

TDS = Total dissolved solids. The amount of dissolved solids in the water. We need to remove this in order to declare it pure water.

PPM = Parts per million. The amount of pieces of dissolved solid per million parts in the water (Gives the TDS reading)

Back