Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New pole, Gardiners or Phantom?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Moor

I’m looking at getting a new pole soon, I currently have a SLX27 which is fine and will be kept as a second pole for dirtier jobs.

I’m looking for a stiffer pole as I struggle with getting pressure down at full extend due to the whippyness of the SLX.

It’s down to the Extreme 22 or the Phantom Hi mod 22, I will likely get an extension too.

Anyone seen any direct comparison between the 2?

I’ve a hi mod , as it looks at present I’m noticing a bit of wear when fully closed when clamping. I’ve had to tighten the clamps slightly already which I didn’t think would have been the case for a while yet.

in comparison to my slx its a good bit stiffer and then obviously lighter. Couldn’t see myself using an slx again providing these lighter poles last a decent length of time 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m looking at getting a new pole soon, I currently have a SLX27 which is fine and will be kept as a second pole for dirtier jobs.

I’m looking for a stiffer pole as I struggle with getting pressure down at full extend due to the whippyness of the SLX.

It’s down to the Extreme 22 or the Phantom Hi mod 22, I will likely get an extension too.

your problem moor is down to the brush not the pole,if you have to push on the pole to scrub then you simply have the wrong brush, use a supreme which splays loads and you'll notice the difference from day one, the second you are having to press down on a pole to clean windows says you have something wrong

I used my new 18' phantom for less than an hour and god I noticed little pains coming in within the hour and going from an extreme to this pole, hence I sold it sharpish,  go for an extreme,change the brushes every couple of months and you'll be fine

your problem moor is down to the brush not the pole,if you have to push on the pole to scrub then you simply have the wrong brush, use a supreme which splays loads and you'll notice the difference from day one, the second you are having to press down on a pole to clean windows says you have something wrong

I used my new 18' phantom for less than an hour and god I noticed little pains coming in within the hour and going from an extreme to this pole, hence I sold it sharpish,  go for an extreme,change the brushes every couple of months and you'll be fine

I didn’t include some relevant information in the original post, it’s dormas I can’t get any pressure down, not regular windows.

The Du Pont supreme is the brush I’m using for dorma windows (I have quite a few on my rounds) which sprays out just fine the problem is being able to scrub, all the energy is being taken up in flex on full extension and the brush skates along rather than scrubbing, rinsing is no fun either with all the flex.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, I trialled that brush-lasted two or three windows-it skates everywhere with no real adhesion to the glass.

I sold said brush to a guy who was desperate to try one, he sold it a week later- I did warn him, the older tucker brushes were much better but still no comparision to whats available now

you need splay mate for the dormers not the brushes which claim to last forever as in the dupont-had my fill of them-never  again

I have an extreme 22 and a hi mod 22. Slightly more flex in the phantom but easily overcome by not fully extending each section. I prefer the clamps on the phantom, I prefer the red exceed pole hose and prefer the pole in general. I will be buying another 22 in a month or so and I’ll be going for another phantom hi mod. Although I was considering trying the ova 8 ?‍♂️

I also have an extreme 35. It’s not that old with not a lot of wear, but I am looking to replace the clamps with the phantom clamps. I have measured the pole diameters and I think it’s doable. If anyone has tried this I would be interested to hear what they say. 

was it the hi mod you tried or the standard carbon version. I would imagine a big difference between an extreme and standard carbon, (like there is between an extreme and a slx) but like I say I haven’t noticed much difference between the two like for like models. 

Latest Posts

Back