Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gooseneck Stuck in New SLX

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

I’ve had a new SLX for maybe a month. Today I decided to use a different brush in it. The brush is on a fixed adapter rather than the swivel I normally use. Bugger me I couldn’t get the adapter out of the pole. I twisted and pulled for a good 5 minutes and it finally came out. After the job I wanted to put the ‘new’ adapter back in the pole. I can only get it half way into the pole. I’ve read a few people having this problem. It seems the newer adapters have a bigger circumference than the old ones. Is it the heat affecting them? I’m thinking about putting the adapter in the fridge to shrink it and try and fit it to the pole.

I have the exact same issue, also changing Gardiner brushes that seamed wedged in, thinking of putting sand paper to them both as it’s doin* my head in.

Use rubber gardening gloves (gives better grip) and a twist action (usually works for me).

I smear copaslip over the section of the gooseneck that goes into the pole so it doesn't seize up again. So far that's worked well for me.

I have the exact same issue, also changing Gardiner brushes that seamed wedged in, thinking of putting sand paper to them both as it’s doin* my head in.

I’ve tried sanding them down before but they are made from brittle plastic so not much comes off. I’ve just gone out to my van and smeared oil on it and it’s gone in ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
I needed to rotate the brush this morning to get in a tight section of fascia. Always worried I will snap the goose neck getting it out...

I try never to remove the brush if I can help it.

Use rubber gardening gloves (gives better grip) and a twist action (usually works for me).

I smear copaslip over the section of the gooseneck that goes into the pole so it doesn't seize up again. So far that's worked well for me.

We shouldn't have to be doing this though. They should pull out easily.

When mine did this I sanded down the shafts of the Goosenecks with coarse grade sandpaper till they were a nice slide fit. It only took minutes to do and they still work perfectly years later.

Latest Posts

Back