Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First week(ish) in!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

roast beef

Evening fellas,

So I posted a few weeks ago and have been quiet since! I've been getting my van gear up together and fitting it all. I done this all for less than £500 by the way!

Now I went live with this last Monday, the only advertising I've done is on Facebook, using the community pages (not selling pages) and some Facebook ads aimed at getting messages.

So the results from first 9 days is 9 customers all signed up to a 4 weekly clean and all signed up on go cardless. All have already been cleaned and have been delighted with the results. 2 have also left nice reviews on my page which is a bonus.

I've leafletted the areas in which I picked up these customers and plan on doing a full canvas of door knocking the next time I'm on their streets.

All in all I feel my first week back on glass and starting from scratch again has gone relatively well!

I do have a couple of questions though,

1) How many customers on average would you expect to pick up a week? 

2) How many did you pick up on your first week?

3) I've been using quite a bit of water, I'm guessing that is because as they are first cleans I've been washing, puting Ubik on, washing again and then rinsing. Is this normal? I understand that the subsequent maintenance clean won't need such a high flow and should use less water, am I correct in thinking this?

Cheers

Well done, answer to your questions 

1 . There is no figure that can be given for this as there are so many variables 

2. Cant   remember but I was canvassing 5 hours a day and there wasn’t many cleaners  in my area so picked up a lot in a short time .

3.yes you are quite correct and they will probably take half the time on the second clean so you will be able to do a lot more work once the initial clean is done ,and use a lot less water 

Well done, answer to your questions 

1 . There is no figure that can be given for this as there are so many variables 

2. Cant   remember but I was canvassing 5 hours a day and there wasn’t many cleaners  in my area so picked up a lot in a short time .

3.yes you are quite correct and they will probably take half the time on the second clean so you will be able to do a lot more work once the initial clean is done ,and use a lot less water 
3. Also I’ll add you’ll be over cleaning right now. As your confidence and understanding grows you’ll use less and less water and scrub a lot less. But at the moment just do it until your sure it’s clean! 

You would be using more water on first clean using Diluted Ubik solution. Water to go over window and frames...then you have applied your Ubik solution, let it do its job for a minute or so, agitate the area then using pure water again clean the frames and windows as you would on normal clean. Then stand back and admire the difference.

I don't understand why you are using a higher flow of water on first cleans, I never increase the flow rate I always keep it the same whether a first clean or a regular clean. and I am guessing that a lot areas across the UK are now becoming saturated with window cleaners 

Back