francie

Warm water questions

francie

Sorry lads, tryed the search bar, but it never seems to give me wat Im after. 

Im upgrading with an immersion coil. 

My tank is outside in yard, if I'm going the warm water route, will my water stay warm enough all day if I insulate the tank enough, an what's the best to insulate it with? 

Thanks

Pjj

Depending on the type and size/shape of the tank Kingspan insulation like they use in buildings works well you can get it in 1,2 4,6 inch thickness it comes in ridged sheets and is very easy to cut and shape , you will still loose heat through the bottom of the tank but it will slow down heat loss 

francie
54 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Depending on the type and size/shape of the tank Kingspan insulation like they use in buildings works well you can get it in 1,2 4,6 inch thickness it comes in ridged sheets and is very easy to cut and shape , you will still loose heat through the bottom of the tank but it will slow down heat loss 

Thank you pj, iv  240 litre green water butt, would that be suitable way the immersion mate? 

So would I have to shape the king span so its tight to the tank? 

I only need warm water, doesn't need to be roasting, just warm enough to help get **** off mate. 

Pjj
1 minute ago, francie said:

Thank you pj, iv  240 litre green water butt, would that be suitable way the immersion mate? 

So would I have to shape the king span so its tight to the tank? 

I only need warm water, doesn't need to be roasting, just warm enough to help get **** off mate. 

Obviously you will need to protect the electric parts from rain etc and cheak   with an electrician so you dont over run the house electric supply , I assumed you were going to have the tank in a van but yes the insulation will work fine but needs to be fitting well around the tank with no gaps 👍

windowsurfer

I’ve got a layer of bubble foil wrap on my upright 400 litre tank. Water is warm all day that I’ve noticed about 40 degrees. Van roof n walls have a layer of foil as well.