Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bolting in Water tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CHWS

Need some advice for bolting my new tank and insurance requirements. I’m hoping to get my new transit custom this weekend and have a water works tank that’s to go into it. 

What do insurance companies require to see that it’s been bolted in ? 

can any mechanic do it?

does it have to go through the chassis? 

They probably won't require anything from you as proof of fitting or who has done it for you.

It would be best to speak to water works on fitting and placement.Most garages should do it for you.

I believe going through the classis is a no just through the floor with spreader plates and the right floor bolts but I would seek advise from water works.

Last edited by a moderator:
They probably won't require anything from you as proof of fitting or who has done it for you.

It would be best to speak to water works on fitting and placement.Most garages should do it for you.

I believe going through the classis is a no just through the floor with spreader plates and the right floor bolts but I would seek advise from water works.
ok thanks. Water works have told me to directly centre it, but just wanted to double check ??

can any mechanic do it?

My insurance company wanted the work carried out by a VAT registered garage/mechanic. I would imagine the majority of garages are VAT registered. 

Need some advice for bolting my new tank and insurance requirements. I’m hoping to get my new transit custom this weekend and have a water works tank that’s to go into it. 

can any mechanic do it?

I don’t know if it still applies but the insurance company asked me who fitted it ,it was ionics they accepted that as the ionics system was crash tested , I was also issued a certificate stating than the system was fitted in accordance with there crash testing rating with I think it was either thatchem or Mira 

Have a search on here for hose guides there is 2-3 topics covered this all ready, it will really depend on if your reel is mounted on the tank etc, I'll sort some pics of mine 
it will be mounted on the tank, I have rollers at present welded to angle iron using going across the rear using bolt holes . Was just curious as to anybody with a custom that has them with the plastic lining 

it will be mounted on the tank, I have rollers at present welded to angle iron using going across the rear using bolt holes . Was just curious as to anybody with a custom that has them with the plastic lining 
Gotcha, you will need a jigsaw to cut through the plastic liner and then the van floor, I'd recommend getting under the van and painting the metal edge with some hammerite paint then once that's dry silicone around the edge no doubt you will need to seal between the liner and the van floor also.

Dependant how you work as in two man team or if you have awkward parking at times, the location of the rollers is key, me as a one man op, I have mine totally central, I have a Surface Mounted Roller  and Under Van Roller  mounted on a bracket,  this works for me best I have found as I need to pull the hose out to the front of the van so were the rollers are located means I can easily pull out 50m+ around each tyre dependant on which way I need to go depending on how I mange to get parked, my original two roller option was fitted by PureFreedom with cheaper rollers so stuck with what I had got used to, but the Grippa rollers are very good, the set under the van I spray mine weekly with WD40 

Back