Twisted118

Turbo nozzle pressure washer

Twisted118

Hi I have a 4000psi pressure washer with a 2900psi turbo nozzle will this limit the pressure to 2900psi. Would I have to buy a 4000psi turbo nozzle to get the full 4000psi pressure my jetwash has sorry if it's a daft question??

Thanks 

scottish cleaning service

Aye, you need a nozzle higher than the pressure washer power. If you use it, it could potentially break up inside and start spitting out bits of the ceramic jets. 

Twisted118

Ok thanks so in theory I'm only getting 2900 psi through the turbo nozzle then

scottish cleaning service
1 hour ago, Twisted118 said:

Ok thanks so in theory I'm only getting 2900 psi through the turbo nozzle then

No, you will get 4000psi but its only designed for 2900psi so you are over the working limit. It might work okay because its been tested at higher levels but you will have no come back if it breaks or hurts anyone in the process.

#cleanwindows

Sorry SCS the information above is incorrect.

Twisted118 - Using the wrong size nozzle (under the rating of the machine) as you are doing can cause damage to the pump.

It will create a back up of pressure and that pressure has to go somewhere - it will not be coming out of the work end!!

There are two ways you can shatter the ceramic bowl in a turbo nozzle - press the trigger without the lance facing downwards, level or upright the initial flow of water will shoot the ceramic cone (inside the turbo nozzle housing) at the ceramic bowl.

The second is to drop it onto the floor.

Twisted 118 - change the turbo nozzle, it will be cheaper than replacing the pump.

Edited by #cleanwindows