Baldmonkey

A simple guide to pure water production

spruce

Nicely laid out r/o system @Baldmonkey.

Just a small point. I suspect the solenoid valve you have used on the water inlet pipe is a "normally closed" one. Its normally closed as in the advent of a power cut your r/o won't start working as it would if it were normally open. It will be a similar normally closed valves as used on the inlet water pipes on automatic washing machines.

Otherwise top notch system and one hopefully new window cleaners can learn from.

Edited by spruce

scottish cleaning service
13 minutes ago, spruce said:

Just a small point. I suspect the solenoid valve you have used on the water inlet pipe is a "normally closed" one. Its normally closed as in the advent of a power cut your r/o won't start working as it would if it were normally open. It will be a similar normally closed valves as used on the inlet water pipes on automatic washing machines.

Otherwise top notch system and one hopefully new window cleaners can learn from.

And also cheap as chips. Well Done. 👍

Jango

Nice video😃. Will help newbies

Baldmonkey
1 hour ago, spruce said:

Cheers spruce, your probably right about the solenoid and what you say would make sense, if that's all you pick up on me being wrong for them I'll take that 😂😂😂

Iron Giant

Shed envy, my shed ain't big enough to accommodate an R/O bigger than a standard one

Part Timer

I was alright up until you started to talk about the technical stuff, just after lagging the pipes 🥴

When I move house, I will be going for the Baldmonkey system. I have had horror stories regarding the price of my membranes (£160 each). Why can he do it so cheap? Thats what i would like to know and great video.

Baldmonkey
3 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

When I move house, I will be going for the Baldmonkey system. I have had horror stories regarding the price of my membranes (£160 each). Why can he do it so cheap? Thats what i would like to know and great video.

Thanks, it's a nice compliment that someone likes your idea.. Think the key is that the second you talk about needing 1000ltr within a few hours everyone automatically points to a 40/40 membrane. The ones I buy are 3013 450gpd. I think they would need high pressure to even get anywhere near that figure. When I built the system I initially only put one r/o in... And it took me around 32 hours to fill an IBC... Tripled it up and now get an IBC full in around 10 hours on static pressure. Now I don't even need 2300 litres a day but in theory that's about what It could produ e if need be. The mem ranges are that cheap I can buy them and have them sat on the shelf waiting to change. Definitely not the only way to do it but I've been really fortunate that it's worked for me 👍

1 hour ago, Iron Giant said:

Shed envy, my shed ain't big enough to accommodate an R/O bigger than a standard one

30ft that badboy... Love it (when it's tidy) 

CHWS

Im going to replicate your pipes into the submersible pump, I was scoping it all out the other day 😀

3 minutes ago, CHWS said:

Im going to replicate your pipes into the submersible pump, I was scoping it all out the other day 😀

150 litres a minute that pump he has installed. Best video to date on the forum I have came across and there was I thinking he was Johnny Morris. 😂

Baldmonkey
2 hours ago, CHWS said:

Need any help give me a hola

Apw1210

Here is mine. I'm in Norrh Devon in a soft water area.

20200520_153626.jpg

21 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

Nice set up APW 👍🏼

@Apw1210 what are you getting before the it enters the DI? I have same tds as you and I'm getting 002ppm before the DI. cheers scs

Apw1210
12 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Nice set up APW 👍🏼

Thanks mate. Its efficient simple and reliable 

Iron Giant
20 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

@Apw1210 what are you getting before the it enters the DI? I have same tds as you and I'm getting 002ppm before the DI. cheers scs

You have an onboard R/O why are you messing on with a DI 

2 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

Don't see any membrane in place and was wondering what the tds comes down to?

Apw1210
2 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

I dont need an RO. I'm in North Devon. Mains taps water at home is 56 PPM 

Running it through two pre filters as a scrubber removing chlorine and particulates. 2 micron particle filter and a carbon block filter then into my Unger hydropower DI to easily knock it down to 000ppm 

10 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

I dont need an RO. I'm in North Devon. Mains taps water at home is 56 PPM 

Running it through two pre filters as a scrubber removing chlorine and particulates. 2 micron particle filter and a carbon block filter then into my Unger hydropower DI to easily knock it down to 000ppm 

I could probably do the same as I'm around 60ppm, may give it a try. thanks