Jump to content

Starting off wfp system first timer


Recommended Posts

Hi lads,

Been doing a bit of study to try suss out what exactly i need to start up. Would i be right with the following or am i missing something!

Im thinking a smalll van peugeot partner etc,

unger hydro power di starter kit,

300ltr tank, 

Hose reel,

Extra hose 50m, 

Would i need an electric pump of a leisure battery to pump water to the di system then to process the water into pole system? 

Ive attached pic of starter kit.

Any advice would be welcomed thank you.

Screenshot_20200425-100350_Chrome.jpg

Link to post

What is your tap TDS? I appreciate water purification can be daunting to newbies but as far as I know the Unger Hydro Power is expensive to buy and run. If you let us know your TDS there could well be cheaper more efficient ways of purifying your water.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

What is your tap TDS? I appreciate water purification can be daunting to newbies but as far as I know the Unger Hydro Power is expensive to buy and run. If you let us know your TDS there could well be cheaper more efficient ways of purifying your water.

I dont know tbh. Couldnt find out online i have ordered a tds meter online but hasnt arrived yet. Ive looked into buying purified water but same again turning up a dead end. Im in ireland so not really much info to gather really. 

Link to post
11 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Your tap TDS is really important, I wouldn't buy any purification equipment till I knew it.

Ok grand am i right in saying the lower number in reading the better?

  • Agree 2
Link to post
1 minute ago, Rob_dub said:

Ok grand am i right in saying the lower number in reading the better?

Much better

Link to post
41 minutes ago, Rob_dub said:

I dont know tbh. Couldnt find out online i have ordered a tds meter online but hasnt arrived yet. Ive looked into buying purified water but same again turning up a dead end. Im in ireland so not really much info to gather really. 

Ime sure there are a couple of ones on hear from your area ?? But cannot remember who they are hopefully they see this and might be able to give you a rough idear of TDS before you4 meter arrives 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.