Jump to content
Teddington Window Cleaners

Footee Ladder, Anti slip Ladder Guards

Recommended Posts

Teddington Window Cleaners

Ive got a 2 storey decking job on next week. 

The customer had WFP before and she wants a trad guy 🙂

The pointed out the deck was cleaned but I want to be safe especially as I have no footing. 

They look very good 

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 22.33.33.png

Share this post


Link to post
MJK

I thought the same thing.

Think I paid £16.00 to do a house on Canvey as back is completely decked and always wet as they have dogs that **** on it hence they scrub it down and is as slippery as f**k.

Bought these just for this job but the metal is very thick that is supposed to fit in between decking and was worse than a chocolate T Pot, no way would it fit between decking and a complete waste of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
4 hours ago, MJK said:

I thought the same thing.

Think I paid £16.00 to do a house on Canvey as back is completely decked and always wet as they have dogs that **** on it hence they scrub it down and is as slippery as f**k.

Bought these just for this job but the metal is very thick that is supposed to fit in between decking and was worse than a chocolate T Pot, no way would it fit between decking and a complete waste of money.

All depends how wide the gaps are in the decking which will be the issue when put in place some have decent gaps others don't or have no gaps at all, @Teddington Window Cleaners maybe phone the supplier up and get the spec of them or if they aren't that far from you better still go and have a look at them as found cleaning spot sell them which might be in your neck of the woods

Share this post


Link to post
Jjamie
7 hours ago, Teddington Window Cleaners said:

Ive got a 2 storey decking job on next week. 

The customer had WFP before and she wants a trad guy 🙂

The pointed out the deck was cleaned but I want to be safe especially as I have no footing. 

They look very good 

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 22.33.33.png

If you've got decent feet on your ladder just push ladder in the the sill or gutter on dry day

On wet days a scerwdriver it's all ways in my bag which I push in between the gaps of decking just in case 👍

Share this post


Link to post
mike007

I have a pair, can also be used on lawns.

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
3 hours ago, Jjamie said:

If you've got decent feet on your ladder just push ladder in the the sill or gutter on dry day

On wet days a scerwdriver it's all ways in my bag which I push in between the gaps of decking just in case 👍

With advice like this you need to go wfp, please anyone reading this do not follow any of this advice above it's pure madness 

Share this post


Link to post
Jjamie
3 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

With advice like this you need to go wfp, please anyone reading this do not follow any of this advice above it's pure madness 

Yes do not follow his advice he's absolutely crazy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
6 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

With advice like this you need to go wfp, please anyone reading this do not follow any of this advice above it's pure madness 

I think reading the risk assessment would be very interesting , using a screwdriver to secure a ladder Ime sure the HSE would love that one 😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Jjamie
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

I think reading the risk assessment would be very interesting , using a screwdriver to secure a ladder Ime sure the HSE would love that one 😂😂😂😂

my risk assessment booklet got ruined when I used it to level my ladder on a hill 20 years ago.... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Jjamie

My Risk assessment booklet was second hand from my nan for some reason looked like it never had been read.... 

5473517753_87164b3558_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
54 minutes ago, Jjamie said:

My Risk assessment booklet was second hand from my nan for some reason looked like it never had been read.... 

5473517753_87164b3558_o.jpg

She's keeping 3 points of contact so nothing wrong with that. She's only first floor as well, not as if she'd hurt herself if she fell.

Share this post


Link to post
Apw1210

Make your own. One metre length of decking board or scaffolding plank. One length of aluminium angle profile which you screw to the under of the board as a decking gap anchor and one piece of roofing batten or 30x30mm timber as the backstop for the ladder feet to mate against 

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
13 hours ago, Part Timer said:

She's only first floor as well, not as if she'd hurt herself if she fell.

That's a long way down for some people 🤔

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.