Poles Apart

Go Cardless VAT

Chris34
45 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

So this is what GC says about the vat charge Copy & Pasted out of a email i got today...

Hi there,

We are writing to inform you that GoCardless is now required to charge VAT across all of the fees that we charge for our services. This is due to a change in the application of tax law which means we can no longer benefit from a VAT exemption applying to the supply of payment services. 

We had previously been relying on guidance from HMRC that meant that we did not need to charge VAT. However, on 14 April, HMRC notified us that their guidance changed and that our services no longer fall within the scope of this VAT exemption. We have therefore been instructed that we have to charge VAT from that date on all of our fees for supplies made in the UK at the UK Standard Rate (currently 20%). 

Given the current situation with Covid-19, we have decided to absorb the cost of VAT for existing customers until 1 September so that we can give you sufficient notice to adapt to this change. We will start to charge VAT on all of our fees from 1 September 2020. When transaction fees are capped, VAT will be calculated on the capped amount. 

Yeah I got it yesterday.  It's just like Paypal, the VAT is on the actual fee's so very little difference.  

johnny bravo

I have stopped encouraging new customers to use gc,     I will be getting flyers printed requesting them to use Bacs  or D.D.   otherwise I will have to pass the new added prices onto there bill.      Just means reminding them to pay there bacs  via text messaging

johnny bravo

this money can be used for a new pole  or van add ons.   Only the worst  payers will be kept on gc,   

Iron Giant
11 hours ago, johnny bravo said:

I have stopped encouraging new customers to use gc,     I will be getting flyers printed requesting them to use Bacs  or D.D.   otherwise I will have to pass the new added prices onto there bill.      Just means reminding them to pay there bacs  via text messaging

We are all different, I sacked off flyers and double sided payment cards as the take up was pitiful over the years, for me GC it's as simple as peas no GC before the first clean is due no window clean those that want my services sign up in a crack 

harunh
On 11/06/2020 at 20:20, johnny bravo said:

this money can be used for a new pole  or van add ons.   Only the worst  payers will be kept on gc,   

I think if u need lessons in business 😜😉

con95a
On 03/06/2020 at 00:25, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

Mate, if it helps, Squeegee are going to be implementing auto payment recorder for BACs payments. Using the new open banking software you can give the app access to read all incoming transactions and then assign them to the correct person. No idea about the details, you may need to manually assign each one to start so Squeegee knows, but it will make it a lot easier to keep track of payments when using Bacs, then simply remind those who flag as still owning. Just a thought if GoCardless taking the mic with new prices!

I know this was a little while back, but if this was implemented it'd be great. Where did you hear of it? Can't find mention anywhere on squeegee website

Master Jedi Alejandro
On 24/06/2020 at 18:18, con95a said:

I know this was a little while back, but if this was implemented it'd be great. Where did you hear of it? Can't find mention anywhere on squeegee website

Sorry mate. I've spoken to them about it a few times. I think it was also mentioned in their last email. 🙂

scottish cleaning service
On 11/06/2020 at 20:16, johnny bravo said:

I just post a card through their door with the amount and bank details of how to pay. I do 3 in flats and all I do is text them after I'm finished. Never had a problem but I only have 80 customer and 20 in a care home.