My first van set up. Thoughts??

ShropsWindowCleaner

ShropsWindowCleaner
Posted (edited)

Hi all. I’ve attached a photo of my van setup. It’s my first van mounted system. Im purifying the water in the van. I’d appreciate any feedback or thoughts from you all, as you are more experienced than me. It consists of

250 litre tank, Merlin RO (behind tank), 11 litre DI, Booster pump, shurflo pump/controller, external fill/drain connectors.

C6475955-7C20-4EFA-BDE3-89FDDFA6ED9D.jpeg

Edited by ShropsWindowCleaner
  • Like 3

Looks like you have done a good job there, only negative is strapped in tank but I have done it in the past, have you informed your insurance company of the tank? and mods 

ShropsWindowCleaner
3 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Wouldn't it be better to have the pump controller by the real where you can reach it easily?

That was a mistake I made lol 😂🤦🏼‍♂️ Il be rectifying that over time 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 2
ShropsWindowCleaner

Transit Connect set up with fill/drain pipes connected, and booster pump extension cable fitting snugly in a closed door 😁👍🏻

677C0AD1-5484-4C08-8FC8-5B871A94D1A8.jpeg

Looks good, nice and neat.

How are you going to protect the system and hoses from freezing in the winter?

ShropsWindowCleaner
9 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Looks good, nice and neat.

How are you going to protect the system and hoses from freezing in the winter?

I have a 250 litre tank, takes 1hr 45 mins to fill with booster pump. I’m hoping i won’t have to deal too much with frost. We will see 🤦🏼‍♂️

Wind o kleen
1 hour ago, ShropsWindowCleaner said:

Transit Connect set up with fill/drain pipes connected, and booster pump extension cable fitting snugly in a closed door 😁👍🏻

677C0AD1-5484-4C08-8FC8-5B871A94D1A8.jpeg

That’s nice of you ,  hide your reg plate from these nice people on this forum but show other road users and pedestrians your reg 😂

btw I like that red 

ShropsWindowCleaner
29 minutes ago, Wind o kleen said:

That’s nice of you ,  hide your reg plate from these nice people on this forum but show other road users and pedestrians your reg 😂

btw I like that red 

Big brain time 👍🏻

High-tower
1 hour ago, ShropsWindowCleaner said:

I have a 250 litre tank, takes 1hr 45 mins to fill with booster pump. I’m hoping i won’t have to deal too much with frost. We will see 🤦🏼‍♂️

you will need to protect your RO system from frost, as if the membranes freeze they are damaged and stop working effectively. a small oil filled radiator or a greenhouse type tube heater plugged in overnight will usually work fine. 

ShropsWindowCleaner
4 minutes ago, High-tower said:

you will need to protect your RO system from frost, as if the membranes freeze they are damaged and stop working effectively. a small oil filled radiator or a greenhouse type tube heater plugged in overnight will usually work fine. 

Thanks mate. Will shop around for one 👍🏻

2 hours ago, ShropsWindowCleaner said:

Thanks mate. Will shop around for one 👍🏻

You can also wrap your R0 with plastic foil barrier insulation commonly used on loft header tanks and new build loft insulation. Wrap it up with at least 6 passes and she'll be as snug as a bug. You may need to adapt its mounting brackets through 

• Like 1