Techniques for extra reach

Teddington Window Cleaners

Teddington Window Cleaners

So a few weeks ago Trad-man made a post about using the swivel feature to get an extra inch or two of reach. 

Reach is important, because if you reach too far you will fall over or fall whatever it is that you are stood. If you can extend your reach without compromising your safety then this is always the best option. 

When I first started window cleaning we didn't have swivel tools, but you have always been able to move the channels. 

Its a bit tricky as you have to readjust your pressure, but its only to get the bit thats hard to reach and then you can reset 🙂

I hope this is useful 

IMG-4121.jpg

IMG-4122.jpg

Edited by Teddington Window Cleaners
47 minutes ago, Teddington Window Cleaners said:

So a few weeks ago Trad-man made a post about using the swivel feature to get an extra inch or two of reach. 

Reach is important, because if you reach too far you will fall over or fall whatever it is that you are stood. If you can extend your reach without compromising your safety then this is always the best option. 

When I first started window cleaning we didn't have swivel tools, but you have always been able to move the channels. 

Its a bit tricky as you have to readjust your pressure, but its only to get the bit thats hard to reach and then you can reset 🙂

I hope this is useful 

IMG-4121.jpg

IMG-4122.jpg

I've never readjusted my squeegee channel as it's a ball ache resetting it and ensuring the rubber is seated correctly either end. 2 mins wasted in my opinion 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1
On 03/08/2020 at 17:40, Teddington Window Cleaners said:

I hope this is useful 

IMG-4121.jpg

IMG-4122.jpg

I always have one of these in my pouch always seems to come in handy for hard to reach stuff 

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/products/unger-ergotec-handle-extension

• Like 2

In the olden days i used to have a piece of broom handle wedge into the squeegee and T-Bar handles permanently to give an extra few inches of reach. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
john docherty

A foot long piece of brush pole fits in the applicator and squeegee stored in your Scrim bag use moerman squeegee on loose mode trust me I'm a wee guy

• Like 1