Battery to battery charger

Cant use split relay in my new van so have bought a sterling ultra pro battery to battery charger, but have been advised to NOT mount in rear of my van and put it under passenger seat due to damp, does anybody have one in the back of their van, and if so any problems?

Screenshot_20200814-081400_Chrome.jpg

4 hours ago, Part Timer said:

That looks the exact same one as I have and mine has been in the back of my van for 14 months with no issues whatsoever.

Nice one mate thanks, gonna fit it tomorrow gonna fit it next to rear doors, did you fit yours yourself?

12 minutes ago, HWCS said:

Nice one mate thanks, gonna fit it tomorrow gonna fit it next to rear doors, did you fit yours yourself?

🤣🤣🤣 wouldn't have the foggiest, only just manage to change a plug. Mine's fitted on the tank frame, if water is a potential problem then I'd fit it away from any potential rain problems.

2 hours ago, Part Timer said:

🤣🤣🤣 wouldn't have the foggiest, only just manage to change a plug. Mine's fitted on the tank frame, if water is a potential problem then I'd fit it away from any potential rain problems.

I think PF fit them on a mounting plate that has a curved lid to protect it against spills.

I've done the same with some plastic guttering.

Although it has an IP rating is's only IP21 =

2: Intrusion protection = Protected against solid objects over 12mm, e.g. fingers.

1: Moisture Protection = Protected against vertically falling drops of water, e.g. condensation.

So IF you can ensure no drips from wfp they you should be fine. I would be tempted if possible to mount under a seat as it's not a cheap bit of kit and unless you monitor batt voltage daily you won't know the B2B is damaged till your battery is flat!!!

24 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Although it has an IP rating is's only IP21 =

2: Intrusion protection = Protected against solid objects over 12mm, e.g. fingers.

1: Moisture Protection = Protected against vertically falling drops of water, e.g. condensation.

So IF you can ensure no drips from wfp they you should be fine. I would be tempted if possible to mount under a seat as it's not a cheap bit of kit and unless you monitor batt voltage daily you won't know the B2B is damaged till your battery is flat!!!

Cheers mate, will look at under passenger seat as an option or on bulkhead in the cab