Jump to content

Battery to battery charger


Recommended Posts

Cant use split relay in my new van so have bought a sterling ultra pro battery to battery charger, but have been advised to NOT mount in rear of my van and put it under passenger seat due to damp, does anybody have one in the back of their van, and if so any problems?

Screenshot_20200814-081400_Chrome.jpg

Link to post
4 hours ago, Part Timer said:

That looks the exact same one as I have and mine has been in the back of my van for 14 months with no issues whatsoever.

Nice one mate thanks, gonna fit it tomorrow gonna fit it next to rear doors, did you fit yours yourself?

Link to post
12 minutes ago, HWCS said:

Nice one mate thanks, gonna fit it tomorrow gonna fit it next to rear doors, did you fit yours yourself?

🤣🤣🤣 wouldn't have the foggiest, only just manage to change a plug. Mine's fitted on the tank frame, if water is a potential problem then I'd fit it away from any potential rain problems.

Link to post
2 hours ago, Part Timer said:

🤣🤣🤣 wouldn't have the foggiest, only just manage to change a plug. Mine's fitted on the tank frame, if water is a potential problem then I'd fit it away from any potential rain problems.

I think PF fit them on a mounting plate that has a curved lid to protect it against spills.

I've done the same with some plastic guttering.

Link to post

Although it has an IP rating is's only IP21 =

2: Intrusion protection = Protected against solid objects over 12mm, e.g. fingers.

1: Moisture Protection = Protected against vertically falling drops of water, e.g. condensation.

So IF you can ensure no drips from wfp they you should be fine. I would be tempted if possible to mount under a seat as it's not a cheap bit of kit and unless you monitor batt voltage daily you won't know the B2B is damaged till your battery is flat!!!

Link to post
24 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Although it has an IP rating is's only IP21 =

2: Intrusion protection = Protected against solid objects over 12mm, e.g. fingers.

1: Moisture Protection = Protected against vertically falling drops of water, e.g. condensation.

So IF you can ensure no drips from wfp they you should be fine. I would be tempted if possible to mount under a seat as it's not a cheap bit of kit and unless you monitor batt voltage daily you won't know the B2B is damaged till your battery is flat!!!

Cheers mate, will look at under passenger seat as an option or on bulkhead in the cab

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.