Jump to content

Wheel/trolley reccomendations? (GARDINER)


Bongofish

Recommended Posts

Hello all!

So I have 2 gardiner backpack V3 and they are great and haven't failed on me yet. However getting fed up at bugger property's if lugging it around? 

 

I think a great idea would be for the next one to get some wheels on the bottom and a pull out handle , exactly like your luggage when going on holiday? Is there any reason this would not work? Seems like such a clever and simple idea that would tottally change the ease of use for it..

But for now I'm without any wheels. Need something that can possibly fold down as it's just for certain houses 😊👍

 

Thank You

 

Link to post
4 hours ago, Bongofish said:

Hello all!

So I have 2 gardiner backpack V3 and they are great and haven't failed on me yet. However getting fed up at bugger property's if lugging it around? 

 

I think a great idea would be for the next one to get some wheels on the bottom and a pull out handle , exactly like your luggage when going on holiday? Is there any reason this would not work? Seems like such a clever and simple idea that would tottally change the ease of use for it..

But for now I'm without any wheels. Need something that can possibly fold down as it's just for certain houses 😊👍

 

Thank You

 

Good morning.

I use a reliable brand that now has started to manufacture under other names. The original manufacturer HANDY make a heavy duty fold down sack truck which has a telescopic full steel frame and folding toe plate.

It will fit into the boot of a car or easily into a van.

I have and use the sack truck as a chassis for my own custom build 25L pump trolley.

I originally paid £49.99 however they rise and fall in price.

I highly and honestly recommend these. Far better than any luggage trolley which will snap and rust in no time.

This is the handy with puncture proof tyres 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Handy-Folding-Sack-Truck/dp/B003G3YIRY

And a copy with standard pneumatic tyres 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-Folding-Truck-120KG-Yellow-SXWTD-FT520/dp/B01N75Z0WV/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=handy+sack+truck&qid=1605869547&sprefix=handy+sack+&sr=8-6

 

 

20201120_105512.jpg

20201120_105502.jpg

Edited by Apw1210
  • Like 3
Link to post

If you hit machinemart.co.uk you can find a clarke folding sack truck - https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/csta100-fully-folding-sack-truck/

I've had mine about 17 years, still going strong. DO NOT BUY the cheaper versions you see in Aldi / Lidl etc. They are cheap inferior quality and usually weigh less than half the weight - and will die an early death. The clarke version just goes on and on. I've had to dismantle mine a couple of times to replace nuts with locking nuts etc but i've used it for all sorts over the years so hardly surprising that nearly two decades later it needed some TLC.

But the key point is that it folds down to a relatively small size, can fit in the smallest of cars and will carry your back pack and get you earning with minimal fuss. Just don't buy the cheap version available in other places, online etc - i cannot stress this enough. The clarke one weighs around 9kg and is properly made.

Link to post
2 hours ago, Tango said:

If you hit machinemart.co.uk you can find a clarke folding sack truck - https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/csta100-fully-folding-sack-truck/

I've had mine about 17 years, still going strong. DO NOT BUY the cheaper versions you see in Aldi / Lidl etc. They are cheap inferior quality and usually weigh less than half the weight - and will die an early death. The clarke version just goes on and on. I've had to dismantle mine a couple of times to replace nuts with locking nuts etc but i've used it for all sorts over the years so hardly surprising that nearly two decades later it needed some TLC.

But the key point is that it folds down to a relatively small size, can fit in the smallest of cars and will carry your back pack and get you earning with minimal fuss. Just don't buy the cheap version available in other places, online etc - i cannot stress this enough. The clarke one weighs around 9kg and is properly made.

The lidl ones are like baking foil origami, You're right there 

Edited by Apw1210
Link to post

Once you have found a sack truck the next answer will be Cam Buckle straps

Don't use bungees as they break down and deteriorate with sunlight and weather.

Many will claim they use them for years with no issues however they are dangerous and will pluck your eyeball out if you happen to have a close quarters low level accident 

Cam buckle straps have lockable tension and will keep a gardiner backpack full of water secure and will not wobble and slide on a trolley where a bungee has to be stretched really tight to secure load 

 

Cam Buckle straps 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-449682-Tie-Down-Capacity-Breaking/dp/B003H0YMSQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=cam+buckle+straps&qid=1605872295&sprefix=cam+buck&sr=8-8

Link to post
2 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

Good morning.

I use a reliable brand that now has started to manufacture under other names. The original manufacturer HANDY make a heavy duty fold down sack truck which has a telescopic full steel frame and folding toe plate.

It will fit into the boot of a car or easily into a van.

I have and use the sack truck as a chassis for my own custom build 25L pump trolley.

I originally paid £49.99 however they rise and fall in price.

I highly and honestly recommend these. Far better than any luggage trolley which will snap and rust in no time.

This is the handy with puncture proof tyres 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Handy-Folding-Sack-Truck/dp/B003G3YIRY

And a copy with standard pneumatic tyres 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-Folding-Truck-120KG-Yellow-SXWTD-FT520/dp/B01N75Z0WV/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=handy+sack+truck&qid=1605869547&sprefix=handy+sack+&sr=8-6

 

 

20201120_105512.jpg

20201120_105502.jpg

The handy trolley is excellent. 

Wouldn't use anything else for my trolley system. 

Also I use the same straps but from the range.

Called luggage straps.

 

Edited by Dave B
Link to post
56 minutes ago, Dave B said:

The handy trolley is excellent. 

Wouldn't use anything else for my trolley system. 

Also I use the same straps but from the range.

Called luggage straps.

 

Very well made aren't they 

Link to post
ShropsWindowCleaner

Hi. When i had a backpack i went through cheap trolleys before finally learning my lesson and buying a decent one. I went for this: 

 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/wolfcraft-heavy-duty-aluminium-folding-trolley-100kg/5140P?tc=LC4&ds_kid=92700052138708508&ds_rl=1243324&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8pOk-L2R7QIVkbbtCh1dbg8UEAQYASABEgIVYvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

 

Solid and lightweight. All the best mate 👍🏻

 

Link to post
8 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

Good morning.

I use a reliable brand that now has started to manufacture under other names. The original manufacturer HANDY make a heavy duty fold down sack truck which has a telescopic full steel frame and folding toe plate.

It will fit into the boot of a car or easily into a van.

I have and use the sack truck as a chassis for my own custom build 25L pump trolley.

I originally paid £49.99 however they rise and fall in price.

I highly and honestly recommend these. Far better than any luggage trolley which will snap and rust in no time.

This is the handy with puncture proof tyres 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Handy-Folding-Sack-Truck/dp/B003G3YIRY

And a copy with standard pneumatic tyres 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-Folding-Truck-120KG-Yellow-SXWTD-FT520/dp/B01N75Z0WV/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=handy+sack+truck&qid=1605869547&sprefix=handy+sack+&sr=8-6

 

 

20201120_105512.jpg

20201120_105502.jpg

I'm sure it's a nice trolley but spending nearly £100 is bit too much imo. 

what about this lmao

 

also what pump did you use for the diy trolley system?

Edited by Amazin
Link to post
18 minutes ago, Amazin said:

what about this lmao

I doubt that would last an hour. Just look at the picture they are all in a nice flat smooth warehouse or office location. You will be pulling it up and down kerbs, over gravel, over grass, uneven driveways, in and out of van/car etc.

You need something robust or it will let you down. Imagine how much money you could lose while you wait for a new one to arrive!!! It really is false economy to buy somethings cheaply. Sometimes you need to pay for quality - I don't mean you need to pay for a big brand i.e. iPhone when a decent Android will be fine 🙂  No offence to people who are willing to give Apple their money.

'Fitness for purpose' is the phrase you need to think about.

Link to post
21 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

I doubt that would last an hour. Just look at the picture they are all in a nice flat smooth warehouse or office location. You will be pulling it up and down kerbs, over gravel, over grass, uneven driveways, in and out of van/car etc.

You need something robust or it will let you down. Imagine how much money you could lose while you wait for a new one to arrive!!! It really is false economy to buy somethings cheaply. Sometimes you need to pay for quality - I don't mean you need to pay for a big brand i.e. iPhone when a decent Android will be fine 🙂  No offence to people who are willing to give Apple their money.

'Fitness for purpose' is the phrase you need to think about.

Hey don’t get apple versus android going🤣🤣🤣

  • Haha 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, Apw1210 said:

That's the difference between rubbish and reliability plus commercial use equipment 

Wouldn't last 2 minutes, the same tat as home bargains &B&M luggage cart. Will snap quickly.

You seriously need to improve your budget and scope for quality equipment mate 

Link to post
33 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

Wouldn't last 2 minutes, the same tat as home bargains &B&M luggage cart. Will snap quickly.

You seriously need to improve your budget and scope for quality equipment mate 

I was semi joking when I posted that link and yes I don't think that will last!

 

Quote

You will be pulling it up and down kerbs, over gravel, over grass, uneven driveways, in and out of van/car etc.

thanks, didn't think that far

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.