Gutter vac tools

Martyn

What are your favourite gutter vac tools? Have you got any secret weapons that allow you to get into a gutter with a small gap from the roof and get the crud from both the front & the back of the gutter? We seem to get more than our share of badly installed gutters and it's taking too long to get a result so I thought I would consult the experts, over to you guys.

I have a full set of pro gutter tools and have adapted an old CLX pole with a reach around acme thread,

https://www.rutlandpumps.com/reach-around-acme.html

Put the smallest tool on there and have a fish around. You won't get all of it but it will get the most of it. If the gap is to small to get that in then there is very little you can do

Edited by Part Timer
  • Like 2

I have got a couple of the Progutter tools which are very good and came out to play at one stage today. I've just seen that they have an angle adapter which looks pretty handy.

I've thought for a long time that it would be interesting to have a go at making some tools and plastic pipe should be pretty easy to work with, maybe over the Christmas break.

I turned a job down recently because it involved removing the gutter from a conservatory, too much hassle for me, I'm a window cleaner not a bl**dy odd job man. (no offence intended)

36 minutes ago, PDixon cvs said:

Anyone who thinks there is a single tool for this job or window cleaning for that matter are kidding themselves 12 years in I'm still buying stuff 😂

There's always something new, mostly it's snake oil.

• Agree 2
12 hours ago, Part Timer said:

I have a full set of pro gutter tools and have adapted an old CLX pole with a reach around acme thread,

https://www.rutlandpumps.com/reach-around-acme.html

Put the smallest tool on there and have a fish around. You won't get all of it but it will get the most of it. If the gap is to small to get that in then there is very little you can do

Haha, reach around 🤣