Jump to content

Anybody use Greenwash (Purple Rhino) ???


Hoops

Recommended Posts

Alright lads, 

Have any of you used Greenwash surfactant from Purple Rhino before? Interested to see everyone verdict on it as I’m ordering some. I was going to go for clever wash but shipping to Guernsey was way too much from them! 
Any feedback would be great thanks! 

Link to post
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Pjj

    17

  • Hoops

    15

  • Chris Dall

    8

  • harunh

    7

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

300-500ml  Correction, 3-500ml is per 25L of neat hypo so it’d be around 20ml per liter of hypo 

Washing up liquid mixed with hypo can cause haloforms and clorothorms ( spelling is wrong sorry ) which are carcinogenic spraying this around obviously is not a good idear . Legaly nothing is all

🧐 🙄 I have never done soft washing, but I do know fairy liquid of any sort can't be mixed with Hypo, quite sure someone mentioned mustard gas effect some years ago, I may be wrong  Very clea

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Hoops said:

Alright lads, 

Have any of you used Greenwash surfactant from Purple Rhino before? Interested to see everyone verdict on it as I’m ordering some. I was going to go for clever wash but shipping to Guernsey was way too much from them! 
Any feedback would be great thanks! 

We have used it it’s good stuff but not cheap @kevinc250 might be able to recommend something more cost effective for  you we use clever wash and the laurel one in the picture both are very good and only 300 ml tk a 20 ltr nest drum of hypo so very cost effective 

32AA4166-F3B2-42DB-8435-C700B706100B.jpeg

Link to post
9 minutes ago, Pjj said:

We have used it it’s good stuff but not cheap @kevinc250 might be able to recommend something more cost effective for  you we use clever wash and the laurel one in the picture both are very good and only 300 ml tk a 20 ltr nest drum of hypo so very cost effective 

32AA4166-F3B2-42DB-8435-C700B706100B.jpeg

Clever wash is way too expensive to ship to us and I’ve looked at the Lauryl Dimethylamine Oxide as it’s much cheaper but no joy in UK quotes. I’ve asked Bonnymans and haven’t heard back from them. Amazon don’t have any either! 

Link to post
8 minutes ago, Hoops said:

Clever wash is way too expensive to ship to us and I’ve looked at the Lauryl Dimethylamine Oxide as it’s much cheaper but no joy in UK quotes. I’ve asked Bonnymans and haven’t heard back from them. Amazon don’t have any either! 

Is there no one on Guernsey that sells or could get it for you cleaning supplies company ?????

Link to post
3 hours ago, Pjj said:

Is there no one on Guernsey that sells or could get it for you cleaning supplies company ?????

Unlikely buddy, this island is useless. If we don’t have something locally we are pretty **** at getting it in which is why I usually get digging! Once we shift this damn lockdown I’ll head around to a few places that might be able to help. What I’d really like is for Bonnymans to get back to, I’ve messaged them twice and called them a further time and they told me to message! Do you guys use a scent mask then if you use Lauryl Dimethylamine Oxide as that wouldn’t have scent mask! Read a lot about putting any scent mask directly into the hypo barrel to neutralize the odor (obviously the scent masker would have to ph neutral or above). 

Link to post
13 hours ago, Hoops said:

Unlikely buddy, this island is useless. If we don’t have something locally we are pretty **** at getting it in which is why I usually get digging! Once we shift this damn lockdown I’ll head around to a few places that might be able to help. What I’d really like is for Bonnymans to get back to, I’ve messaged them twice and called them a further time and they told me to message! Do you guys use a scent mask then if you use Lauryl Dimethylamine Oxide as that wouldn’t have scent mask! Read a lot about putting any scent mask directly into the hypo barrel to neutralize the odor (obviously the scent masker would have to ph neutral or above). 

There is a product called clever scent it’s very good but expensive but again you don’t need much per drum of hypo , and it’s designed to go into hypo they do it in lemon smell it’s really nice 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Pjj said:

There is a product called clever scent it’s very good but expensive but again you don’t need much per drum of hypo , and it’s designed to go into hypo they do it in lemon smell it’s really nice 

Unfortunately it’s from the same company that charges far too much for shipping. 

Link to post

hi @Hoopsyou sent me a message regarding this, personally when i looked at the website the sds sheet is really vague to say the least, plus the dosage is not correct, it seems to suggest that however strong you make the mix the surfactant amount stays the same?.

coupled with that because its an american product you'll have to convert their ounces into ml   i.e weigh one american ounce and then decant that into a measuring jug to obtain the ml dosage.

why oh why can't darren sort this out for us over here i don't know, i had the same issue with their wood wash it was a nightmare to convert i even asked on social media for correct dosage and those who replied had the same problems.

personally mate give this  wide berth theres something just not quite right with the dosage and sds sheet.

 

Link to post
5 minutes ago, kevinc250 said:

hi @Hoopsyou sent me a message regarding this, personally when i looked at the website the sds sheet is really vague to say the least, plus the dosage is not correct, it seems to suggest that however strong you make the mix the surfactant amount stays the same?.

coupled with that because its an american product you'll have to convert their ounces into ml   i.e weigh one american ounce and then decant that into a measuring jug to obtain the ml dosage.

why oh why can't darren sort this out for us over here i don't know, i had the same issue with their wood wash it was a nightmare to convert i even asked on social media for correct dosage and those who replied had the same problems.

personally mate give this  wide berth theres something just not quite right with the dosage and sds sheet.

 

Damn it! 
 

Ive bought some surfactant from somebody else also so I’ll compare the two and let you know. 
 

thanks for the feedback as always pal 

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Hoops said:

Damn it! 
 

Ive bought some surfactant from somebody else also so I’ll compare the two and let you know. 
 

thanks for the feedback as always pal 

which surfactant did you buy hoops?

Link to post
Just now, kevinc250 said:

which surfactant did you buy hoops?

Pretty sure this guy gets his supply from Bonnymans mate so it could actually be the LAO 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Hoops said:

The Lauryl Dimethylamine Oxide? 

People u should all stick to this above ^^ its cheap and good value for money and its safe and trusted,  i done my research and this is what ill be using 😄 no branded stuff... buy your own hypo from the farmer shop for cheap and your own chemicals and mix them yourself 🙂  The cost of some ready made chemicals is absolutely ridiculous 

Link to post
Just now, harunh said:

People u should all stick to this above ^^ its cheap and good value for money and its safe and trusted,  i done my research and this is what ill be using 😄 no branded stuff... buy your own hypo from the farmer shop for cheap and your own chemicals and mix them yourself 🙂  The cost of some ready made chemicals is absolutely ridiculous 

I can’t seem to get anyone to send me any from the UK as it’s hugely unlikely we have any LAO locally! Soooo frustrating! 

Link to post
9 hours ago, Hoops said:

I can’t seem to get anyone to send me any from the UK as it’s hugely unlikely we have any LAO locally! Soooo frustrating! 

Awh fiddle sticks sorry mate i jus realised where your from , wow i can imagine it being a nightmare ! u best of getting hold of what u can and just charge more 🙂

Edited by Iron Giant
language
Link to post
Just now, harunh said:

Awh fuckkk sorry mate i jus realised where your from , wow i can imagine it being a nightmare ! u best of getting hold of what u can and just charge more 🙂

Yeah it’s such a ball ache! Think I’ve managed to get hold of a lad that’s sending some very similar stuff so fingers crossed mate! 

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Hoops said:

Yeah it’s such a ball ache! Think I’ve managed to get hold of a lad that’s sending some very similar stuff so fingers crossed mate! 

We never used to use a surfactant it’s not vital that you do use it if you cannot get hold of it just use a hypo mix it will still work fine .   

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Pjj said:

We never used to use a surfactant it’s not vital that you do use it if you cannot get hold of it just use a hypo mix it will still work fine .   

What hypomix would you reccomend?

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.