Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anybody use Greenwash (Purple Rhino) ???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It’s okay we don’t use fairy liquid.

We use happy shoppers version instead 
? ?

I have never done soft washing, but I do know fairy liquid of any sort can't be mixed with Hypo, quite sure someone mentioned mustard gas effect some years ago, I may be wrong 

Very clearly not something to be joked about at all, as you would be endangering yourself, staff customers and innocent passers by if you are mixing and using dangerous chemicals. which ever it may be certainly frowned upon 

? ?

I have never done soft washing, but I do know fairy liquid of any sort can't be mixed with Hypo, quite sure someone mentioned mustard gas effect some years ago, I may be wrong 

Very clearly not something to be joked about at all, as you would be endangering yourself, staff customers and innocent passers by if you are mixing and using dangerous chemicals. which ever it may be certainly frowned upon 
It used to years ago label. “Do not mix with bleach “

It is however safe to mix with SH. It’s just up to you if you want to be compliant with your customer and or HSE. 

*FYI we use a surfactant a chemical company made for us, they sampled Bonnymans and produce it for us now cheaper. 

But we have come short before, and used a bottle of fairy liquid to finish the days work. 

It used to years ago label. “Do not mix with bleach “

It is however safe to mix with SH. It’s just up to you if you want to be compliant with your customer and or HSE. 

*FYI we use a surfactant a chemical company made for us, they sampled Bonnymans and produce it for us now cheaper. 

But we have come short before, and used a bottle of fairy liquid to finish the days work. 
It is illegal to mix anything with bleach or sodium hypochlorite unless it’s specifically made to do so and approved to be added to it end off , what you are suggesting is dangerous , all the surfactants are cheap LDA is only around £15 for  5 ltr and that will treat 13 x20 ltr drums of hypo , clever wash is around £45 for 5 ltr with both of theses products you only need 300 ml per 20 ltr drum of hypo so it’s hardly expensive stuff if ones cannot afford that then they don’t run a very profitable business. 

It is illegal to mix anything with bleach or sodium hypochlorite unless it’s specifically made to do so and approved to be added to it end off , what you are suggesting is dangerous , all the surfactants are cheap LDA is only around £15 for  5 ltr and that will treat 13 x20 ltr drums of hypo , clever wash is around £45 for 5 ltr with both of theses products you only need 300 ml per 20 ltr drum of hypo so it’s hardly expensive stuff if ones cannot afford that then they don’t run a very profitable business. 
Illegal how? Who’s policing that? 

All that the HSE says is don’t mix SH with anything Acidic, which it’s lucky then that Fairy is Alkaline. 

0767E192-E2D5-4477-88E0-3E2C2FBB86D1.png

D29AA63E-9E8D-4E86-8183-2E0002EE3D29.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Illegal how? Who’s policing that? 

All that the HSE says is don’t mix SH with anything Acidic, which it’s lucky then that Fairy is Alkaline. 

View attachment 23414

View attachment 23415
It’s not policed that’s impossible to do , we have many laws that arnt policed , but if you get caught by the HSE or if anyone reports you after doing a job beacause they feel you have done damage to there property or them and the HSE investigate it’s a Hefty  fine and potential imprisonment depending on the severity of the case . The sds data sheets don’t allow for addertives being added by the end user this is why Benz stuff is so popular as there’s is the only approved and regulated product that has governmental approval , so when quoting for work if the customer has an ounce of common sense they will ask for a RAMS  and want the chemical name and manufacturer sheets we are currently quoting some very large blocks of flats for a management company and they have specified that it’s the Benz Lightning Cleanze that’s used as it’s an approved product .  

It’s not policed that’s impossible to do , we have many laws that arnt policed , but if you get caught by the HSE or if anyone reports you after doing a job beacause they feel you have done damage to there property or them and the HSE investigate it’s a Hefty  fine and potential imprisonment depending on the severity of the case . The sds data sheets don’t allow for addertives being added by the end user this is why Benz stuff is so popular as there’s is the only approved and regulated product that has governmental approval , so when quoting for work if the customer has an ounce of common sense they will ask for a RAMS  and want the chemical name and manufacturer sheets we are currently quoting some very large blocks of flats for a management company and they have specified that it’s the Benz Lightning Cleanze that’s used as it’s an approved product .  
Well I’ll await patiently for you to post that legislation from HSE, and until then I’ll have to speculate it’s the manufacturer telling you it’s “ illegal” as part of their sales pitch sold to the uneducated masses. 

Like I said, I use an approved surfactant. 

But I’m partial to some soft hands doing the washing up. 

Well I’ll await patiently for you to post that legislation from HSE, and until then I’ll have to speculate it’s the manufacturer telling you it’s “ illegal” as part of their sales pitch sold to the uneducated masses. 

Like I said, I use an approved surfactant. 

But I’m partial to some soft hands doing the washing up. 
This is just a small part of the biocide regulations  act ( on the HSE web site ) but by adding other components / chemicals or substances you are altering the approved licence product and in effect inventing your own product which unless you are an approved chemist is illegal, and extremely dangerous , look up chloromines and Halothormes , just by putting washing up liquid of any brand can cause theses the be formed , Ime not going to get into an argument about this but there is a need to be very cautious about giving false and misleading and potentially dangerous advise on a forum about theses things newbies could easily do theses things and be totally unaware of the potential consequences, I used to put washing up liquid in hypo my self not realising it was dangerous and illegal , one thing that did stand out to me was that it didn’t mix with the hypo it always went into a gell that should have been a warning sign but I believed what I had seen on YouTube again that’s another source of very misleading information on this subject 

D78830F7-C9F8-4A02-9C9E-AD148E30E4C5.png

259668BF-8320-4EC1-9712-BDDA2815B828.png

520D10AA-95F0-476E-A31A-89B979EE55FE.png

CC2DC73F-ABFC-4921-BA54-5FCB9C9A28D4.png

14D216FF-24FE-42FC-A20C-5832D37BAD3F.png

7EDD40D1-5C59-4F90-9207-66C05641D023.png

This is just a small part of the biocide regulations  act ( on the HSE web site ) but by adding other components / chemicals or substances you are altering the approved licence product and in effect inventing your own product which unless you are an approved chemist is illegal, and extremely dangerous , look up chloromines and Halothormes , just by putting washing up liquid of any brand can cause theses the be formed , Ime not going to get into an argument about this but there is a need to be very cautious about giving false and misleading and potentially dangerous advise on a forum about theses things newbies could easily do theses things and be totally unaware of the potential consequences, I used to put washing up liquid in hypo my self not realising it was dangerous and illegal , one thing that did stand out to me was that it didn’t mix with the hypo it always went into a gell that should have been a warning sign but I believed what I had seen on YouTube again that’s another source of very misleading information on this subject 

View attachment 23416

View attachment 23417

View attachment 23418

View attachment 23419

View attachment 23420

View attachment 23421
I’ll eat my argument that you can’t differentiate between biocides and hypo 

Back