Advice om recording round... How do you guys do it?

Big Bad Window Cleaner

Big Bad Window Cleaner

Hi all

Just to say beforehand, I've been window cleaning for around 11 years and have a large, healthy round. I'm just asking round to see how others are recording their rounds, ie, date done, address, how much the job's worth, whether they owe for previous cleans. I currently just keep a list of the people who owe me money, but as the round gets larger and larger I'm worried that my memory of things will eventually let me down. 

So how do you guys do it?

Thanks in advance

N

You need proper records. If HMRC pull you in I doubt you could sit there and from memory give them all the information they need. If you look further down it’s been asked several times. 
Gav has provided an excel sheet you can use. 
mother software some use. Cleaner planner, squeegee, Aworka. These all cost monthly fees. 
Myself I use excel sheets. Just costs time no monthly fee😃

1 minute ago, Jango said:

You need proper records. If HMRC pull you in I doubt you could sit there and from memory give them all the information they need. If you look further down it’s been asked several times. 
mother software some use. Cleaner planner, squeegee, Aworka. These all cost monthly fees. 

15 minutes ago, Big Bad Window Cleaner said:

Hi all

Just to say beforehand, I've been window cleaning for around 11 years and have a large, healthy round. I'm just asking round to see how others are recording their rounds, ie, date done, address, how much the job's worth, whether they owe for previous cleans. I currently just keep a list of the people who owe me money, but as the round gets larger and larger I'm worried that my memory of things will eventually let me down. 

So how do you guys do it?

Thanks in advance

N

We use spread sheets , Ime a technology dinosaur and don’t  want to be reliant on a 3 rd party for storing my customers details ,  it works fine and we have over 4,000 customers 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Pjj said:

We use spread sheets , Ime a technology dinosaur and don’t  want to be reliant on a 3 rd party for storing my customers details ,  it works fine and we have over 4,000 customers 😂😂😂

I may have to pick your brain on this subject in a few weeks @Pjj

I've only just started ,I'm using the excel sheet I got off here. Seems to be good enough for me. I update it with new customers, it gives next clean date,and what's owed.  Thanks Gavin.

On 11/02/2021 at 17:35, Jango said:

I use excel too! I've created the file from scratch. It automatically generates next due date has all relevant information on. Can sort worksheets and invoices through it. Can use on the phone too.. And it's free

I use a spreadsheet......first row the name of  Road, under that each row house numbers ..... Second row name of person.....Third row how often 6 or 8 weeks....Forth row price......Fifth row  i put date house or job is done This can be tipxed and changed each month. Then when sheets get a bit old or new customers added in pen can re print after adding new work. 

3 hours ago, Callum94 said:

I use excel too! I've created the file from scratch. It automatically generates next due date has all relevant information on. Can sort worksheets and invoices through it. Can use on the phone too.. And it's free

You wouldn't by any chance care to share an example with customer data blanked would you? Cheers

38 minutes ago, HWCS said:

I did exactly this and @Pjjs method is flawless and so easy. 👍👍

I figured it, His back office runs really well to handle a large customer base like he has. 👍