Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Update how I’m getting on

Got my add in the local parish magazine and got ask to quote my local church for inside window cleaning 

also been getting a few enquires regarding traditional cleaning as there last WFP guy wasn’t doing a good job. I explained to them that it’s all down to technique ect. They weren’t having non off it so I said I would do trad for them as it’s only 2 up 2 down and same on the back.. hopefully get them converted to WFP 

also how long did it take yous guys to get established. Or dose it depend on how meany cleaners are in your area ect 

ALL SO I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OFF YOUS FOR COMMENTING AND GIVING ME ADVICE THIS FOROME HAS LEARNED ME A LOT

ALL CRACKING LADS 

THANSK AGEN 

• Like 3
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dazmond

• Davy G

• Chris34

• SRW

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The ideal hight for my weight is 9’ 2”

I think I’m going do that tbh ad rather be cleaning them WFP 

I agree, the stops, starts and changes of direction are a lot easier with lighter gear. I've said before "Put a brick in your hand and draw the action in the air of cleaning a window. Keep this up for

6 minutes ago, SRW said:

Got my add in the local parish magazine and got ask to quote my local church for inside window cleaning 

also been getting a few enquires regarding traditional cleaning as there last WFP guy wasn’t doing a good job. I explained to them that it’s all down to technique ect. They weren’t having non off it so I said I would do trad for them as it’s only 2 up 2 down and same on the back.. hopefully get them converted to WFP 

also how long did it take yous guys to get established. Or dose it depend on how meany cleaners are in your area ect 

ALL SO I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OFF YOUS FOR COMMENTING AND GIVING ME ADVICE THIS FOROME HAS LEARNED ME A LOT

ALL CRACKING LADS 

THANSK AGEN 

The way to tackle the dislike of wfp is to clean the fronts free of charge leave a card and walk away having given them a price , I do it all the time with ones that want trad  worked every time they phone up saying why didn’t they look like that with the last guy that did them , so far I have never done a job like this and not got the job in over 15 years 

31 minutes ago, Pjj said:

The way to tackle the dislike of wfp is to clean the fronts free of charge leave a card and walk away having given them a price , I do it all the time with ones that want trad  worked every time they phone up saying why didn’t they look like that with the last guy that did them , so far I have never done a job like this and not got the job in over 15 years 

7 minutes ago, Martyn said:

If you have WFP and you are going up a ladder to trad them I think that constitutes a H&S violation?

It would be an issue for me on a personal level, even if it's not technically illegal. I'll only use a ladder if there's no safer alternative. And that's for access only, I don't get involved in trad.

5 hours ago, SRW said:

ALL CRACKING LADS 

THANSK AGEN 

your making a rod for your own back mate backing down and offering to do them trad.....stick to your guns.....

just say "dont pay me if your not happy with the clean once the glass had dried"......its worked every time a customer has been sceptical about wfp....TBH its not happened to me for years now....

as for getting established in your chosen area...i reckon 5 years and you should be compacting your work a bit by then.....28 years until your "part of the furniture"......😃

6 hours ago, SRW said:

I had a new one a while back who was against wfp, till she saw how much cleaner it all was wfp, especially the white plastics. 

11 minutes ago, ks789 said:

I had a new one a while back who was against wfp, till she saw how much cleaner it all was wfp, especially the white plastics. 

11 minutes ago, ks789 said:

Yea I know but only problem I’m having with there’s is that they saying the wfp is leaving to much water be hind on there wooden sills 

Doing it on the ladders or mixing it up with wfp is how many of the established do it in our area 

6 minutes ago, SRW said:

Yea I know but only problem I’m having with there’s is that they saying the wfp is leaving to much water be hind on there wooden sills 

What happens when it rains? 🙄

Just now, Martyn said:

What happens when it rains? 🙄

That’s what I thought but didn’t want to be cheeky to them

if you know what I mean 

4 minutes ago, SRW said:

That’s what I thought but didn’t want to be cheeky to them

if you know what I mean 

Sorry! Own yourself, your business and your work methods. You don't have to be cheeky to own yourself. Start out letting customers dictate to you, you will be training yourself to submission and making a rod for your own back. Start as you mean to go on and you won't have to correct it later. That's what I think anyway.

• Agree 3
9 hours ago, SRW said:

Nothing wrong with wiping down Wooden sills when you’ve finished, as long as it’s priced accordingly. 
I do it on a few. Downstairs only though. I leave it till the end , and whip round them all. It takes a couple of minutes. 
I realise it makes little difference, but the customers are happy, so it’s fine. 
Just make sure you stick a few quid on the price. 

9 hours ago, karenD said:

Doing it on the ladders or mixing it up with wfp is how many of the established do it in our area 

once you ve been wfp for a while the last thing you want to be doing is climbing ladders when you dont need to....my ladders just get used for opening gates,the odd glass roof job or maybe an add on like a conny roof if access is needed....thats it...

5 hours ago, dazmond said:

once you ve been wfp for a while the last thing you want to be doing is climbing ladders when you dont need to....my ladders just get used for opening gates,the odd glass roof job or maybe an add on like a conny roof if access is needed....thats it...

could be thats how it is in your area ? in ours most everyone does a mix  .Weve  been going several yrs we have 1 water pole worker and 4 on ladder sets [ employees]

5 hours ago, dazmond said:

Totally agree 

I want all water fed pole work lot easier then humping ladders around. 

im going to clean them with the WFP and say if your not happy don’t pay. 

as iv been thinking it’s going take more time for me getting ladders off vans ect when I can just get the pole out bash it off then next job 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, karenD said:

could be thats how it is in your area ? in ours most everyone does a mix  .Weve  been going several yrs we have 1 water pole worker and 4 on ladder sets [ employees]

i spent 17 years on the ladders before switching to wfp 11 years ago.....i swapped the lot over within 6 months....in fact i was one of the first cleaners to use wfp on domestics in my area.....every other cleaner either slagged me off for using it or were too scared to make the switch themselves.......they ve all switched over now in the last few years.....

They don't get an option for me. It's WFP or nothing as I don't carry ladders anymore. I don't even own a set anymore. I still carry my BOAB with mop & squeegee and I still Trad some of my Bungalows but only because I (in capital letters) want to do them Trad as it's easier and quicker for me in that particular instance. And obviously cos they're bungalows.

When I switched over I was all in. WFP or nothing! Imagine if you fall off them ladders and your WFP system is looking at you saying, 'WTF you idiot I'm right here!' 😂

Stick to your guns dude and get off those ladders! It's 2021 FFS! 😜

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.