Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on buy pressure washer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Brad95

Fairly new to pressure washing, wanted to switch to petrol pressure washer and was looking for some advice. My budget is around £500, i know most will say just save for a better washer but thats my budget and looking for my first one to start off. Many people recomend Honda engine, ive seen a few in my price range any other suggestions? Was looking at the Wilks 750i but had mixed reviews.

Any sugestions for a reliable pressure washer in my price range please? 

TIA 

To be honest with a small budget like that I think trying to find a second hand one would be your best option there is a big difference between using a small pw to wash your car or own drive but when trying to make a living doing it speed , pressure and flow are key try looking fir a Honda with a minimum of 15 ltr per muinit but preferably 21 ltr per muinit as this will make the Cleaning/ rinsing so much quicker , also try and get a machine that will draw water from a barrel rather than needing tap pressure , again this will make a big difference to speed . Try giving Ben at Rutland pumps a ring he may have something second hand that’s half decent , he’s also very helpful and no hard sell 

Fairly new to pressure washing, wanted to switch to petrol pressure washer and was looking for some advice. My budget is around £500, i know most will say just save for a better washer but thats my budget and looking for my first one to start off. Many people recomend Honda engine, ive seen a few in my price range any other suggestions? Was looking at the Wilks 750i but had mixed reviews.

Any sugestions for a reliable pressure washer in my price range please? 

TIA 
The second hand market is saturated with pressure washers but being savvy is the key,

There are many very cheap Chinese knock offs most of which have misleading claims of pressure output and flow rate so if you look be careful and also ask to see it running, check for blue smoke, as for service life intervals and last oil changes etc.

Clarke actually make so half decent machines which often pop up but most are only a mere 11lpm 

With many small machines you'll struggle with work flow as you'll be only using a lance because flat surface cleaners are only any good with larger machines around 15 to 21lpm.

Engines that are reputable if serviced correctly 

Honda 

Brings & Stratton 

Loncin 

Clarke 

As you've already mentioned your budget don't forget the obvious, public liability insurance, a spare high pressure hose, wheelie bin or dustbin to act as buffer tank 

And water by laws state that you are not allowed to draw more than 12lpm from the mains 

Latest Posts

Back