Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water fed pole newbie

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ocahan01

Hi all, new to this forum and new to water fed pole window cleaning.  I’ve 20 plus years experience as a trad cleaner and just 5 months of wfp under my belt . 
my question is this … Do experienced cleaners still find that sometimes returning to a maintenance clean that you noticed you’ve left a dirty line ? I’m noticing a few windows a week where this has happened and it slightly dents my confidence . Although 98% of my work is spotless I can’t help but dwell on these couple of mistakes .

Hi all, new to this forum and new to water fed pole window cleaning.  I’ve 20 plus years experience as a trad cleaner and just 5 months of wfp under my belt . 
my question is this … Do experienced cleaners still find that sometimes returning to a maintenance clean that you noticed you’ve left a dirty line ? I’m noticing a few windows a week where this has happened and it slightly dents my confidence . Although 98% of my work is spotless I can’t help but dwell on these couple of mistakes .
There are certain windows that we know are troublesome. The main issue windows are older windows with a large pane of glass below 2 or 3 top openers. There are some windows that will never come right. Our lounge window is one. It's south facing and the frame oxidizes. Even giving the upper transom bar a good scrub and rinse doesn't stop the lines of spots visible when the window dries. If it was a customer's house, I would wipe the top frame dry with a towel and then blade the glass off. It's ours, so I don't bother any more. (The wife says she is looking for a more regular window cleaner than the one she has. I just remind her that she won't find one that does the clean for nothing.) If you rub your finger across the plastic it will leave a chalky white residue on your finger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately it’s part of learning what technique to use for different types of windows , when you have finished a building cheak your first windows as they should be starting to dry from the top of the glass going down the pain if the top is drying ok the rest will be fine if it’s got run marks go over it again and just do the glass this should sort the problem, when doing first cleans with wfp really go to town with a thorough scrubb and loads of rinsing at the top of the frames and vents and closers , all this comes with experience we can all get the occasional run line but it’s unusual once you have a bit of experience. 

Latest Posts

Back