Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A blank canvas ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jonny 67

Hi guys, so I've had my 400 litre upright tank fitted in the van with a pure freedom safety cage, and I must say it's looking the part. It's been professionally secured to the floor, and sits an inch off the bulkhead. So when I open both side doors it's nice and neat. I want to keep it as neat as I can, and this is where your help would be appreciated. I'm going to put a 2kw immersion in, and I have clearance to be able to feed this in from the top of the tank. I'm going to insulate it, and put a 1/4 inch ply board across the widest part of the tank, so when you look in from the back, this will hide the tank and insulation. My water is about 70ppm, so double di in van, and if I need to top up from time to time, I can. I had previously put my pump and controller on the side of the tank, but I'm thinking there's enough room to attach the pump to the 1/4" ply, and the controller to a ply panel near the back doors. There's loads of room for the battery to be secured on top of the tank. All ideas on keeping it all neat and practical would be appreciated. ? Ps. I'm just a window cleaner, so carry the basics.... 

Hi guys, so I've had my 400 litre upright tank fitted in the van with a pure freedom safety cage, and I must say it's looking the part. It's been professionally secured to the floor, and sits an inch off the bulkhead. So when I open both side doors it's nice and neat. I want to keep it as neat as I can, and this is where your help would be appreciated. I'm going to put a 2kw immersion in, and I have clearance to be able to feed this in from the top of the tank. I'm going to insulate it, and put a 1/4 inch ply board across the widest part of the tank, so when you look in from the back, this will hide the tank and insulation. My water is about 70ppm, so double di in van, and if I need to top up from time to time, I can. I had previously put my pump and controller on the side of the tank, but I'm thinking there's enough room to attach the pump to the 1/4" ply, and the controller to a ply panel near the back doors. There's loads of room for the battery to be secured on top of the tank. All ideas on keeping it all neat and practical would be appreciated. ? Ps. I'm just a window cleaner, so carry the basics.... 
Good morning. Batteries are heavy and have mass, I personally have mine in front of the tank on the floor secured in vented heavy duty boxes with straps so they don't move or have any chance of shorting. Having them on top of the tank isn't the best option in my opinion.

I have my controllers, light switch and accessory socket mounted on some polypropylene food chopping board on the side of the van at roof height so I can lean in and have easy access to them.

It therefore protects them from damage and weather.

Cheers guys. Good idea with the choppi.ng board. We have one of those at home. It'll be amusing when I'm asked have you seen the plastic chopping board? Yip PJJ, as low as you can, as heat rises ?

Cheers guys. Good idea with the choppi.ng board. We have one of those at home. It'll be amusing when I'm asked have you seen the plastic chopping board? Yip PJJ, as low as you can, as heat rises ?
Tesco basic white chopping boards are £2, A4 size and make great backings panels for van installations and trolley build projects. Just cut the handle off

Back