Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice needed!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

When you start self employed you have 3 months to register so you could be crafty and work for a few months to see if it works then register if it does

Hmrc will give you unique number when you registerba new claim

Then fill out tax return once a year

When you start self employed you have 3 months to register so you could be crafty and work for a few months to see if it works then register if it doesHmrc will give you unique number when you registerba new claim

Then fill out tax return once a year
Brilliant well I will just forget about it for a bit then:thumbsup: and my dad pays his accounts to much money so he going to tell then to sort it for me lol

Just be carefull if you don't declare it straight away

Make sure you have some sort of records so if you get challenged by the revenue you can produce something that says "I've just started up here are what little accounts I have" but won't drop you in it for working longer

Just gives you time to be sure it's for you which I am sure it will be when you see how much you can earn

(With a bit of hard graft)

Yer that's what I will do then. But still get my dads accountants to sort it out and I ant shy to hard graft lol I was working for my dad and uncle for years and they where bloody slave drivers lol got to say though once I had a little girl and girlfriend convinced me to get a 'proper' job ie with holiday pay and sick pay and all that rubbish I did get lazy lol

yeh holiday pay...i took friday off to cut my hedge and then looked for some cash in my box and there was nowt in it....i was really worried til the wife told me i gave her a load on monday to go shopping and of course ...i didnt get anything on friday..just lost me specs....grrrrr

i a windy ...i not allowed to be sick....:Dhence why i worked with my bad back all day today ...hmmm lovely sun...swine...:rofl:

Yep I should have said a lot of hard work

But well worth it in the end

when it comes to holidays I

Only take 1 week a pop

Means hard graft 1 week before and 1 week after to not miss any jobs but still doable

yeh not had a holiday as such for a long time....though...xmas year before...two and a half weeks ...went from bed to lazy boy lounger and that was it ...got really pee d off having to shower....heaven...

Where do I find my unique tax payers code /emoticons/wacko.png ??

You should not have or know your UTR unless you was registered as Self in the past

if you fill this form - you are done https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/CWF1ST?dept-name=CWF1&sub-dep

you can also apply for small earnings exceptions - so you won't have to pay Class 2 NIC however is good to pay .

You will receive a letter saying that you have asked to be registered as Self etc - on that letter you will find your 10 digits UTR number .

Next step is to set up a DD to pay your Class 2 NIC - every 6 months is the best option for me - they will charge you account about £71 twice a year

Just remember to be clever

You can run at a loss for first year and a half without raising any eyebrows

Not sure how that works.

I know you only.pay what is due

would look on hmrc site

Employment income - tax and National Insurance contributions

If you work as an employee you pay any Income Tax and Class 1 National Insurance contributions due through PAYE (Pay As You Earn). Your employer deducts these from your pay before you get it.

You can find out more about paying tax and National Insurance contributions on employment income and how to make sure you don't overpay Class 1 National Insurance contributions by following the link below.

Employee tax and National Insurance

Self-employment income - tax and National Insurance contributions

If you have any income from self-employment it's your responsibility to pay any Income Tax and National Insurance contributions due. Depending on how much you earn from self-employment you may have to pay Class 2 and Class 4 National Insurance contributions.

You pay Class 2 National Insurance contributions at a flat rate. From April 2011, your Class 2 National Insurance contributions payments will become due on 31 January and 31 July, the same as a Self Assessment tax bill. You pay Class 2 National Insurance contributions either monthly or six monthly by Direct Debit.

Income Tax and Class 4 National Insurance contributions are based on your profits from self-employment. You have to fill in a Self Assessment tax return each year so that HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) can work out how much tax and Class 4 National Insurance is due.

Cheers mate I going to carry on sorting all this out once I finish work in morning so are you working a night job aswell ? Or just a late night lol

But what if I am already paying NIC on my night job I will still have to pay on window work aswell ?
Class 2 NIC is a must (unless you apply for small earnings excep) for self employment - and is only paid by a self employed person .

From your job the employer should pay Class 1 NIC - if you earn enough - over £150 a week I think . At least that's what I found on HMRC website - an accountant will know what and how to do

Back