Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole heavy and is it big enough??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jordan

I brought a pheonix pole from window cleaning warehouse 35ft half carbon it seems to feel very heavy. when i'm rinsing windows at about 15 ft haven't tried it on a 3 storey or 4 storey as i don't know if it will reach them hopefully because that's the longest pole i have .

Do all you guys have longer and full carbon ones ?

Do you have a shorter pole you can work with? If you have a lot of work at no more than 15 feet, I'd recommend something like an slx 18/22. I wouldn't work with a 35ft hybrid pole for anything other than the specific jobs you bought it for.

i have a 47ft pole but i take bits off & mostly just use the top 5 sections as a 25 ft then add sections as needed, but i don't know if you can do that with pheonix poles, i have a 27 ft hybrid & i really wouldn't like to use one longer than that

I have an SLX40 but it isn't used any more than 12 times a month. Its used 5 times a month at full stretch.

Once I get down to the level of being able to reach with my SLX22, I put the SLX40 away and use the SLX22 instead. Why must I waste energy using a heavy pole when I have a lighter pole available?

I also have a CLX22 which is a hybrid pole and much less rigid. I've had it for 7 years. It gets used once or twice a day as it has a soft Extreme brush head on it that is better for cleaning leaded windows. I much prefer the full carbon SLX.

There was an Asian window cleaner not far from where we live. He bought an SLX40 and an SLX22. He decided that it would be quicker to use the SLX40 for everything - no messing on. He sold the SLX22 to a mate of mine just down the road. Within a week my mate said he got a phone asking if he could buy his SLX22 pole back again.

-

Back