Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Switching from traditional to wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just thought I would add my thoughts as I have converted several rounds to wfp.

First expect to loss a few customers some just can't get over there own bias that it can't work.

Iv had people cancel becuase it leaves the walls wet. (What about rain???)

As has been mentioned before offer a comeback service. Avoids most problems.

Second it will take forever to convert your round.

Personaly one tip I have found works is to scrub everything clean then love on to next house. Then come back and clean them again. You can check the windows when u come back before you re clean them. I find this faster and more confident boosting that u have done a good job.

Third I work with a second person.
We used to use a lot of water, but now we use about 600l a day. But we have 800l capacity, but never fill it.

We have just over 1250kg payload. We only ever went as high as 750l when filling for weight reasons.

At first you will be very very slow. I would say depending on the house maybe even 4x slower.

You will also use a stupid about of water.
Even on your second clean you will have to take longer.

But as you get used to the system you will speed up.

As for speed comparison it's a no brainer.

My other friend is still trad. He can do about 2.5 semis an hour in our local area. (No frames just cills.)
I can do 5 easy including moving van etc.

The more compact the work the fast wfp is.

Lastly I would go down having a 1000l tank at home with ro system. We have a 55l per minute pump. If we did ever need water we can get over 500l in 10 mins.
Thanks mate some good advice there

I went wfp about 8 years ago
Never even mentioned it to customers just turned up and cleaned
Anyone who came out and questioned it I just said I no longer use ladders after a couple of falls and they will dry 100% fine or will come back
Out of around 300 customers back then I never lost one and had no call backs
Don’t worry about “changing them over” just clean their windows which is what they are paying you for and crack on

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. You’re right with the size of the van as I don't really want it to be too big. So with an 800l is it OK for that size to be strapped down or would I need to install a frame?
You definitely want a professionally installed system, my 350ltr tank/system is bolted in, you can drive like Miss Daisy but it only takes an idiot to cause an accident and you don't want 1,000kg just behind your back strapped in and attached to lashing points with 2 inch bolts that will rip through, the pic below is one of the lashing points I removed from my van before my install

Attachments

• 20200202_115541.jpg
    20200202_115541.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 0
I told my customers who were wary of wfp that if they could point to me where the end result of cleaning is worse than trad then il happily squeegee them instead. You soon find out it's nothing to do with the overall result and just a general preference for them. Tell them in that case your happy to continue to squeegee them but you will need them to sign a waiver for liability incase any damage is done from the ladder falling on there car etc as insurance now states that ladder is last option, so the damage will be on them. I bet not one person signs it.

Latest Posts

Back