Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing in December and the New Year/January

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Don't use a canvasser if you can help it. I paid someone who basically would have preferred it if I'd have just done loads of mega cheap cleans so that he reaches his own quota. Do it yourself.

What ive learnt is that theres always an excuse not to canvass.Too cold, too dark, too late, too early, too sunday, too saturday, ill do it tomorrow, ill do it after cleaning, ill do it on a day with no work, i need to plan it first, etc.

Ive told myself all sorts for a year, and still barely done any.

I think there becomes a point where you have to admit to yourself you are making excuses either get out and do it or pay someone else or find another way to get customers.
What ive learnt is that theres always an excuse not to canvass.Too cold, too dark, too late, too early, too sunday, too saturday, ill do it tomorrow, ill do it after cleaning, ill do it on a day with no work, i need to plan it first, etc.

Ive told myself all sorts for a year, and still barely done any.

I think there becomes a point where you have to admit to yourself you are making excuses either get out and do it or pay someone else or find another way to get customers.

Don't use a canvasser if you can help it. I paid someone who basically would have preferred it if I'd have just done loads of mega cheap cleans so that he reaches his own quota. Do it yourself.
i had one like that, wonder if its the same bloke.

Completely agree, "if you can help it" is a very good point.

Ive used 4 canvassers, got one booked in for January as well!

Tried doing it myself on many occasions, its not for me so will keep paying others, one day i will hit my quota of customers then i can go into leaflets which will be much better long term.

Completely agree, "if you can help it" is a very good point.
Ive used 4 canvassers, got one booked in for January as well!

Tried doing it myself on many occasions, its not for me so will keep paying others, one day i will hit my quota of customers then i can go into leaflets which will be much better long term.
Who do you use adam? I'm looking for a canvasser I can trust with a good track record. I myself don't have the time to go door knocking for more work but urgently need some more. I'm in the Nottingham area so looking for someone who is either based in or around Nottingham or someone who can travel.

Depending on the rate I'm looking for between £500-£1000 worth of work

Back